Windows 10: Change music folders to General

Discus and support Change music folders to General in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do you change a collection of music folders to general view?For some stupid reason, I cannot.This is how is should work, but doesn't:I select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fluid Poetry, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Change music folders to General

How do you change a collection of music folders to general view?For some stupid reason, I cannot.This is how is should work, but doesn't:I select a folder in explorer.right click and select "properties"select "customize"Under "Optimize this folder for" I change it to general.I also click the "Also apply this template to all subfolders"It does not work.This has worked in the past with Windows, but I can't recall the OS version. Certainly 2000 Pro.In fact, After I have accomplished the above, the top folder will show it's set to general by once again going to "Properties -> Customize -> Op

:)

Fluid Poetry, Aug 7, 2022

2. Change music folders to General

How do you change a collection of music folders to general view?

For some stupid reason, I cannot.

This is how is should work, but doesn't:

I select a folder in explorer.

right click and select "properties"

select "customize"

Under "Optimize this folder for" I change it to general.

I also click the "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

It does not work.

This has worked in the past with Windows, but I can't recall the OS version. Certainly 2000 Pro.

In fact,

After I have accomplished the above, the top folder will show it's set to general by once again going to

"Properties -> Customize -> Optimize this folder for"

But inside the folder, it is still set to music.

This makes absolutely no sense.

I'm an administrator on my device.

I'm unfortunately using Win 11 Pro and it's up-to-date..

Fluid Poetry, Aug 8, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change music folders to General

Hi Fluid

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

May I ask, why do you want to change the Music folder to General Items, what is the purpose, is it that you want a particular view set on that folder, or is it something else?

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2022
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Change music folders to General - Similar Threads - Change music folders

2. Music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  3. Music folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  4. my files in file explorer have been changed from general to music. I cannot change them...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my files in file explorer have been changed from general to music. I cannot change them...: many of my files in file explorer have been changed from general to music. I cannot change them back using the usual route ie properties, view etc. and any other route; have searched the internet finding nothing on this. it started about 2 weeks ago ie mid feb 2023 windows 10...
  5. My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...: I'm familiar with Windows 10 and older recognizing folders that are all MP3 files as Music under Properties -> Customize tab. Windows used to do this automatically, but does not seem to do it any longer in Window 11. Folders appear as General items now. I see a lot of posts...
  6. My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...

My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...: I'm familiar with Windows 10 and older recognizing folders that are all MP3 files as Music under Properties -> Customize tab. Windows used to do this automatically, but does not seem to do it any longer in Window 11. Folders appear as General items now. I see a lot of posts...
  7. Change music folders to General

Change music folders to General: How do you change a collection of music folders to general view?For some stupid reason, I cannot.This is how is should work, but doesn't:I select a folder in explorer.right click and select "properties"select "customize"Under "Optimize this folder for" I change it to...
  8. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  9. personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing: i know how to add pictures to folder covers is there anyway to keep the photo on the cover without it changing pictures on me its a music folder with artists and their albums so its one picture on the main folder inside are folders of their albums keeps changing and not...
  10. Change or Restore Music Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Music Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Music Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Music Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Music folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how to change or...