Windows 10: Change my account back as a parent

Discus and support Change my account back as a parent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I've been using Hotmail for 20+ years, but suddenly my account became a child account when I was trying to help my daughter with login in Roblox.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TianniSong, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Change my account back as a parent

Hi,I've been using Hotmail for 20+ years, but suddenly my account became a child account when I was trying to help my daughter with login in Roblox. Now it keeps asking me to have a parent's consent when logging in, and it says my account will be closed in a few weeks if I still don't have it. I tried to log in as a parent but it keeps looping me back to the parent consent page.I checked my profile birthday is now 2019, but I cannot change it.I checked my family page, and I'm the only family member as the organizer, and I don't have any additional members listed.How can I change my account bac

:)

TianniSong, Jun 22, 2022

2. How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Change my account back as a parent

I can't use certain features on Forza Horizon 3 due to parental control.

Hi,

If you're using a child account, there are certain limitations imposed on your Xbox account. This could be the reasons as to why you can't access certain features on the game. To resolve this issue, you need to manage the privacy and online safety settings
    of your child account by using the parent account associated to it. To give you an idea, only the parent account is eligible to manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child account. To get started, kindly perform the following steps:

• Sign in the parent account on this link.
    • Select the Child account.
    • Make the changes that you need on the privacy and online safety settings.

Let us know with the result after performing the suggested solution above.

Ariel Acu, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Change my account back as a parent

1. Change my account back as a parent - Similar Threads - Change account parent

2. Cant change region for child and parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  3. Cant change region for child and parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  4. Lost access to my parent account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  5. Lost access to my parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  6. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  7. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  8. Change my account back as a parent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my account back as a parent: Hi,I've been using Hotmail for 20+ years, but suddenly my account became a child account when I was trying to help my daughter with login in Roblox. Now it keeps asking me to have a parent's consent when logging in, and it says my account will be closed in a few weeks if I...
  9. Change my account back as a parent

Change my account back as a parent: Hi,I've been using Hotmail for 20+ years, but suddenly my account became a child account when I was trying to help my daughter with login in Roblox. Now it keeps asking me to have a parent's consent when logging in, and it says my account will be closed in a few weeks if I...
  10. Remove the parental control on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the parental control on my account: To start off I'm not fully read up on all the terms and sometimes I may repeat myself but it's because english isn't my first language and explaining is really difficult. Now to my problem, basically I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and I am trying to play it with my...