Windows 10: Change my account to admin

Discus and support Change my account to admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having trouble with certain apps not working correctly or not allowing me to use different features because my account is not an administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JessicaBurnett2, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Change my account to admin

I am having trouble with certain apps not working correctly or not allowing me to use different features because my account is not an administrator account. I have tried to change that, but it requires me to sign in to the current admin account, which belonged to the previous owner of the computer. How do I remove their account when I don't have access to any of their info?

:)

JessicaBurnett2, Dec 4, 2020
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 4, 2020
  4. phynbarr Win User

Change my account to admin

Change User Account Admin rights

you've all been very welcoming and generous. However, your suggestions aren't solving my problem.

why can't I - as sole user of this PC - have admin rights to my own machine?

Change my account to admin [​IMG]

the minute I select Administrator the option to change account type is greyed out.

Perhaps you can't in Windows 10. In that case, it is ridiculous

Thanks again

phynbarr, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Change my account to admin

1. Change my account to admin - Similar Threads - Change account admin

2. changing admin email for my 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing admin email for my 365 account: I wanted to change my main admin alias email.It says to delete the email and then add a new oneI went to do this and it said I wouldnt be able to login if I deleted the main email.I went to add a new one on hotmail but it said it was a "reserved domain" and wanted me to use...
  3. changing admin email for my 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing admin email for my 365 account: I wanted to change my main admin alias email.It says to delete the email and then add a new oneI went to do this and it said I wouldnt be able to login if I deleted the main email.I went to add a new one on hotmail but it said it was a "reserved domain" and wanted me to use...
  4. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  5. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  6. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  7. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  8. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  9. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  10. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!: Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted...