Windows 10: change my child microsoft accnt

Discus and support change my child microsoft accnt in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my child lost his microsoft password and before that we had to open a new gmail accnt becasue he also lost the password to that accnt.. the reset email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by juanirizarry1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. change my child microsoft accnt

my child lost his microsoft password and before that we had to open a new gmail accnt becasue he also lost the password to that accnt.. the reset email on the microsoft accnt is the gmail address he lost.. his accnt is mannaged by my microsoft accnt as a family member.. is there a way to recet his password with out having to create a new accnt...??? i need help.. he needs the accnt to finish his school work while at home

:)

juanirizarry1, Mar 26, 2020

2. Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

change my child microsoft accnt

Need help changing DOB on child account

Hi Robert,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

In the meantime, try removing the account from the family list, then add them back as an adult. Refer to this
    link on how to remove members from Microsoft Family.

Let us know if you need further help.

Donna Men, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

change my child microsoft accnt

1. change my child microsoft accnt - Similar Threads - change child microsoft

2. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?: I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign onto my child's desktop user account, and go to sign-in options, it says it's currently unavailable. There is no available...
  3. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?: I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign onto my child's desktop user account, and go to sign-in options, it says it's currently unavailable. There is no available...
  4. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family: My children both have new email addresses...can I update their email without deleting and redoing their logins? Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-childs-email-address-in-microsoft-family/f990b3a4-9917-451a-bbda-44888a8fecf7
  6. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  7. Microsoft family - change Childs date of birth

Microsoft family - change Childs date of birth: Hi all how can I change the date of birth of a child in my microsoft family account. I'm stuck in a loop of selecting "manage my child's profile information" then to the "manage permissions" page - which tells me that in some places only adult members of the 'family' can...
  8. adding an existing child accnt to a PC

adding an existing child accnt to a PC: I have 3 child accounts, I am attempting to add to a PC. I was able to make local accounts for them but every time I try to log them into their Microsoft account it says that It cant. I have tried making accounts from the parent profile but it fails with no explanation....
  9. Change account to child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account to child: When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.” I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work...
  10. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...