Windows 10: Change my city and state location

Discus and support Change my city and state location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change my city and state location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peyton1818, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Change my city and state location

How do I change my city and state location

:)

peyton1818, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Catbill Win User
    Change physical location in Windows 10?

Your helpfulness is appreciated but you might not understand the issue. When the location used by the app is tied to the IP address, there is no way to enter city and state. I very much doubt that entering city and state for other apps will change location
    information for apps that depend on the location of the ISP.

Catbill, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Change my city and state location

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Change my city and state location

1. Change my city and state location - Similar Threads - Change city state

2. Location in google maps keep changing to a different city than I am in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location in google maps keep changing to a different city than I am in.: My computer keeps changing location on me. I live in Tucson, Arizona and the computer keeps showing Washington DC. I have turned many things on and off, to no avail....
  3. Location in google maps keep changing to a different city than I am in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location in google maps keep changing to a different city than I am in.: My computer keeps changing location on me. I live in Tucson, Arizona and the computer keeps showing Washington DC. I have turned many things on and off, to no avail....
  4. Change my location on my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change my location on my computer.: I have tried the these steps: Start,Setting,Privacy,Location,Default location select set defaultthese last two steps,I could not find I never was able to see a map,to follow instructions to change my default location. These steps did not work for me. Can someone...
  5. Windows 10, how to change the City and state on the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, how to change the City and state on the lock screen: Windows 10, how to change the location on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-change-the-city-and-state-on-the/bde8be32-02bf-4cb1-b54a-9a8c8b7bf09f
  6. location says Im in a different state.

location says Im in a different state.: If I go to the maps for windows 10 it says that im in California when im actually in Michigan. It makes the time be 3 hours behind because it forces the time zone to be pacific rather than eastern, due to my location saying that im in California. Ive spent more than 10 hours...
  7. I want to permanently change my city/location of my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to permanently change my city/location of my computer: I cannot find where to change permanently my city and state. How do I do that? I am in Huntington Beach, CA not Redmond, WA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-permanently-change-my-citylocation-of-my/39192973-e91a-4a68-ab61-f13f951a5d36
  8. Cities in my weather app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cities in my weather app: I live in Waynesburg, Pa. For years I've had weather bug, weather app with no problemsminor maybe now all of a sudden my weather has me living in Ohio and shows weather for 4 or 5 towns in Ohio, I change the location back to Pa. and get my weather for Waynesburg, go to...
  9. PC reports location in different state

PC reports location in different state: My PC is reporting its location in Salt Lake City, UT. I live in Kansas. This is a problem. It affects my time zone and location services. I have been unable to force my default location to change. Any suggestions?...
  10. An erroneous state location

in Cortana
    An erroneous state location: Why am I getting two different home address state locations when I am entering personal information into drop down menus on certain web sites. One state location is correct, but the other is in another state all together. I suspect my computer profile is incorrect, but I do...