Windows 10: Change my default email client in Windows Mail&Cal. App for Snip and S

Discus and support Change my default email client in Windows Mail&Cal. App for Snip and S in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi: I am currently using Windows 10 Home 10.0.1863 Build 18363. I am trying to set Thunderbird as my default email client in MS Stitch and Sketch.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yrret, May 18, 2020.

1. yrret Win User

Change my default email client in Windows Mail&Cal. App for Snip and S

Hi:
    I am currently using Windows 10 Home 10.0.1863 Build 18363.

I am trying to set Thunderbird as my default email client in MS Stitch and Sketch.
    When I go down the list of choices, when I click on the Share tab, Thunderbird is not shown as a choice

I have looked at the default associations, etc in the Control panel or going into All SETTINGS in Windows10. No choice to set the email program for MS Stitch and Sketch.

Someone, on this forum, a few years back helped me with the same problem with Snipping Tool having no choice for email had me do a Registry edit change and it works perfectly.

I am an amateur at using Regedit and not been able to find the right registry setting to make MS Stitch and Sketch do the same thing.

Help, as always is appreciated.

:)

yrret, May 18, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, May 18, 2020
  3. Cannot set Windows Mail App as default email client

Hi Appu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact issue you are facing to set the Mail app as default email client?

Refer to the following steps to set Mail app as default email client:

a) Click Start button.

b) Search for and open "Default Programs".

c) Click on "Set your default programs".

d) Select "Mail" from the list of programs.

e) Click "Set this program as default".

f) Click OK and check if the issue is resolved.

Run the
    Apps troubleshooter
    and check if this resolves the issues with the mail app.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 18, 2020
  4. Sheri-D Win User

Default email client

Hello Denise,

To change the default mail client, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start menu.

2. Select settings.

3. Select the Apps icon.

4. Now click on Default apps.

5. Look for the email heading.

6. Click on the current default email client just below the heading.

7. The Choose an app menu should now be in view.

8. Click on the email client you wish to make the default app.

9. Close the Settings window.

I hope this helps.

Sheri-D, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Change my default email client in Windows Mail&Cal. App for Snip and S - Similar Threads - Change default email

2. Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge: How to make Yahoo Mail the default email client on Windows 7 using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-yahoo-mail-default-email-client-on-windows-7/3b842612-2aac-4cde-9b41-640caf8eaf57
  3. Windows default email client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows default email client: In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email...
  4. Either there is no default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  5. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  6. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  7. Default email client changed after 1903

Default email client changed after 1903: Lately since 1903 I'm seeing a periodic new screen telling me to set Outlook as my default email client because it thinks I don't have one set: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft...
  8. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  9. Snipping tool not using default mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool not using default mail client: Hi, On my Win 10 laptop, when I use snipping tool and try to send the file to someone with email via snipping tool's built in -file-send to-email recipient option, snipping tool tries to send it through outlook 2016 even though my default mail app is set as "Mail" app. What...
  10. Use mail app as default mail client

Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...