Windows 10: change my login pin.

Discus and support change my login pin. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My login PIN has possibly been compromised. For security\ty sake id like to change it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ColinDunphy, Jan 11, 2020.

1. change my login pin.

My login PIN has possibly been compromised. For security\ty sake id like to change it

:)

ColinDunphy, Jan 11, 2020

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 11, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 11, 2020
  4. change my login pin.

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

change my login pin.

1. change my login pin. - Similar Threads - change login pin

2. Change Laptop Login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Laptop Login PIN: I want to change the laptop login PIN only, not the Microsoft account password which I would like to leave as it currently is. Everything I am finding so far is about changing the account password. Thanks for any help....
  3. Change Laptop Login PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Laptop Login PIN: I want to change the laptop login PIN only, not the Microsoft account password which I would like to leave as it currently is. Everything I am finding so far is about changing the account password. Thanks for any help....
  4. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  5. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  6. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. LOGIN PIN change

LOGIN PIN change: I need to change the login PIN in MS windows 10. But it doesn't show any path in the account section to do so. I went by clicking hello PIN and it doesn't serve my purpose. Please advise how to change the PIN which I use when login to the laptop....
  8. Can't change my login pin number.

Can't change my login pin number.: I am unable to change my account pin number. I already have one attached I know what it is but if I go to sign in options it says a pin is not in use. **** There is no option to reset my pin since according to Microsoft there is no pin but I sure as hell have to put one...
  9. office 365 changed my login pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    office 365 changed my login pin: i used office for school once, and today when i opened up my laptop it said ‘your organization wants you to change your password’ or something similar. i logged in, but want my old pin back. How do i change my pin back? forgot to add: when i go into settings and try to...
  10. Can't change login PIN

Can't change login PIN: I want to change my login PIN before I send my laptop back to the office for another user. I went to Settings > Account > Sign-In Options and Windows Hello Pin is listed as currently unavailable. I read a lot of post on this community and have tried with no luck. I am...