Windows 10: Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

Discus and support Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I buil my pc I got a 256 gb sata ssd and a 1tb hdd. Obviously the ssd was the drive where I installed windows on. But after some time now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mxrixs, Jan 1, 2021.

1. /u/mxrixs Win User

Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

When I buil my pc I got a 256 gb sata ssd and a 1tb hdd. Obviously the ssd was the drive where I installed windows on. But after some time now the system drive is kimd of full. I also got a 1tb nvme ssd just to have more space and would like to move all the system files over. Is this possible without a reinstall, which I would like to avoid

submitted by /u/mxrixs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mxrixs, Jan 1, 2021
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. Batou1986 Win User
    Change partition as system and to drive C

you cant change the drive letter of the system drive in windows.

Batou1986, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

little cat, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

1. Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive - Similar Threads - Change system drive

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  6. Moving app to another drive

Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  7. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  8. Move libraries to another drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move libraries to another drive.: I'd like to see if I can move the libraries off the C drive to my D drive.... Music, pics, vids, etc. I don't want just folders, I still want the libraries, but not on the C drive as I think it's stupid to take up the valuable space there. submitted by /u/8bitfoxxm2...
  9. Moved Desktop to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Desktop to Another Drive: I was trying to free up space on my 250GB 'C' drive and stupidly moved my Desktop folder from C-->User-->(my computer name) to my F drive (a second internal hard drive) by clicking on Properties and using the 'Location' option. But I started encountering problems - no...
  10. Move OneDrive to another drive?

Move OneDrive to another drive?: I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?...