Windows 10: change my time zone

Discus and support change my time zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change my time zone to use a program : Thanks in advance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S[FT], Mar 26, 2020 at 8:23 AM.

1. S[FT] Win User

change my time zone

I want to change my time zone to use a program : Thanks in advance

:)

2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

3. B. Parker Win User
    Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

4. change my time zone

Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

Thema:

change my time zone

1. change my time zone - Similar Threads - change zone

2. Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties": I am the sole admin user on this stand-alone PC. I want to change security settings on local intranet under "Internet Properties". I cannot do so because "Some settings are managed by your system administrator" [ATTACH] I can't find a solution to this issue....as the...
  3. Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone: My Windows 10 computer is set in Pacific Time, and when I try to change it to Eastern, I select it from the drop down and it changes back once the time syncs. There is no option to set the time manually....
  4. Time not automatically changing to match time zone

Time not automatically changing to match time zone: hi I have my time set to adjust automatically based on time zones but despite constant travel to different destinations my time never resets to new time zone. I always have to do it manually. Pls help...
  5. Time zone won't change

Time zone won't change: Hello, I live in Eastern Time zone, and I am trying to change my PC's time zone to this time zone. However, every time I restart of wake the PC from sleep, my time zone reverts back to IST time zone. How do I change it permanently?...
  6. How do i change my time zone from pacific to eastern?

How do i change my time zone from pacific to eastern?: Just bought a new laptop and can't change my time zone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-time-zone-from-pacific-to/1d5798bd-6f51-4fde-a84a-f71bca90570e
  7. Windows 10 - Domain bound - Time Zone randomly changes

Windows 10 - Domain bound - Time Zone randomly changes: We have a specific group of domain bound computers with authenticated users that are randomly changing their Time Zone from Central Daylight Time to Eastern time (as displayed in Time/Date settings and the clock is advanced by an hour). It has been confirmed that there are...
  8. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...: GREETINGS Time Zone on my Carbon X1 keeps reverting to Pacific and should be Eastern. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends where i am) usually after my notebook (Lenovo X1 Carbon) wakes up. Method 1: Check the status...
  9. Cannot change time zone

Cannot change time zone: When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying "Your changes can not be saved " I tried a lot but cant do anything Plz plz help...
  10. How to Change the Time Zone in Windows 10

How to Change the Time Zone in Windows 10: PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE STEP BY STEP GUIDE: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-time-zone-in-windows-10.1650/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-time-zone-in-windows-10/8ae633a8-20b3-4fde-a803-4e5f54368386