Windows 10: Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account

Discus and support Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. How i can change completely the name and the mail it has add it at windows 10? I want to add 2 users. One is going to be the admin with the mail... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by grigoris, Apr 1, 2021.

1. grigoris Win User

Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account

Hi.

How i can change completely the name and the mail it has add it at windows 10?

I want to add 2 users.
    One is going to be the admin with the mail it has(If i can do it without using any mail or account at all it would be fantastic)
    Two is going to be simple user NOT ADMIN so the admin choose what it can do the simple second user and has the full control of this second user.

A lot of thanks for your time and your answers.

:)

grigoris, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?

A profile folder for new users in C:\Users will only be created when the user signs in first time.

An example:

I've just created a new local user account JohnDoe, as can be seen in Settings > Accounts > Family & other people. However, as this user has never signed in, the user profile and profile folder have not been created yet, C:\Users only showing default Public profile and my own profile:

Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account [​IMG]

The user account has been created and is shown in users lists like in Start, but its profile folder is not created yet. To create the profile folder for JohnDoe, he needs to sign in once. Click Start > user account picture > JohnDoe to switch user:

JohnDoe can now sign in:

This will take a minute or two because it's first now that Windows creates the user profile for him, creates profile folder C:\Users\JohnDoe and prepares default files and folders to be copied to his new profile folder:

Short: no panic, just sign in once with the new account you made for your wife. The profile will be created.

Kari, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 1, 2021
  4. MPSAN Win User

Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?

I know there are many things that are suggested but I wonder if there is a simple way to do this.
    We just got our new Windows 10 Pro laptop yesterday and it was set up with an MS username and junk password. It then created a username in the USER directory and, all programs will want to use it. So, before I install Quicken, I want the data to go into the Proper User directory. I went to accounts and had Windows NOT use the MS sign in but added my wife's name and selected a password. Simple enough...BUT she is NOT in the user directory. Is there any way I can fix this? Someone suggested that I try to create a family member and say that there was no email account but this is starting to sound like a real mess!

Could I just remove her and then add her back from the control panel? Would that then create her name in the USERS directory? I do not want to keep trying stuff and messing up this new system.

MPSAN, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account - Similar Threads - Change name add

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. User Name changing without user input

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  4. User Name changing without user input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  5. User Name changing without user input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Support
    Change name and add another simple users without microsoft account: Hi. How i can change completely the name and the mail it has add it at windows 10? I want to add 2 users. One is going to be the admin with the mail it has(If i can do it without using any mail or account at all it would be fantastic) Two is going to be simple user NOT...
  7. Change name of user account

Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  8. Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.: Ok, so I created a Microsoft Account and Windows seemed to assign the first 4 letters of my "sign-in e-mail" as my C: > Users name. What's the best way to change my "Users" name in C drive? Also, how do I delete profile images under "Settings" ? I see how I can switch...
  9. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...
  10. Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?

Is there a Simple way to Change User Account/Name?: I know there are many things that are suggested but I wonder if there is a simple way to do this. We just got our new Windows 10 Pro laptop yesterday and it was set up with an MS username and junk password. It then created a username in the USER directory and, all programs...