Windows 10: Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working

Discus and support Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When taking a screenshot and right clicking on it, I do not see the options to Rename or Delete. How can I get those two options to work? I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry8AB, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Jerry8AB Win User

Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working

When taking a screenshot and right clicking on it, I do not see the options to Rename or Delete. How can I get those two options to work? I use Windows 10.

Thanks,

Jerry

11/23/18

:)

Jerry8AB, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Baleful Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Nov 23, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Nov 23, 2018
  4. mike047 Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working - Similar Threads - Change Name Delete

2. Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots?: Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots? Now it names each new screenshot "Screenshot number." I would like it to use the date the screenshot was taken as the name: "yyyy-mm-dd number"....
  3. Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots?: Can I change the way WIndows 11 names screenshots? Now it names each new screenshot "Screenshot number." I would like it to use the date the screenshot was taken as the name: "yyyy-mm-dd number"....
  4. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  5. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  6. user name can't change or delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user name can't change or delete: when I log in for first time on new PC , I log in using new user name , after one month I change the user name for another , but is still see the old user name appear on all files Attached is example : i can't remove user name : homam even it's not active how to delete...
  7. Change or Delete File Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change or Delete File Name: Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-delete-file-name/fdf1e777-137d-484d-9093-68108b40e553"
  8. Deleting Screenshots

Deleting Screenshots: Many times, when typing on my laptop, I accidentally hit a key that adds a screenshot to my Dropbox. Matter of fact, it just happened while typing this question. So, my question is: How do I delete all the screenshots I accidentally added to my Dropbox? How do I delete ALL...
  9. Screenshot default name

Screenshot default name: Hi, On my previous PC screenshots were named in the format yyyy-mm-dd, but I have migrated to a new PC and now my screenshots are named Screenshot (#). I'ts very irritating and I'd like to know is there a way to change the name formating?...
  10. 'Network Name' Change? (Screenshots incl.)

'Network Name' Change? (Screenshots incl.): Hey guys. I'm wondering how I go about changing the "network profile" name set when connected to Ethernet on Windows 10. My WiFi SSID is "Skynet", but on my Local Area Connection network profile name it shows "Skynet 2". Is there a way I can change this to something else?...