Windows 10: Change name for user (administrator)

Discus and support Change name for user (administrator) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10.... When I go to control panel there is no option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferMunday, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Change name for user (administrator)

I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10....

When I go to control panel there is no option to change username under the users section.

When I change it by pressing Windows button + R and typing netplwiz it does not save. Once I sign in again it goes back to what it used to be.

This is really annoying, I just don't want it to say my old last name anymore and I'm really frustrated.

:)

JenniferMunday, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows User name for administrator

Hi Tony,

If you wish to rename the Administrator account, you must first be logged on as the administrator to change the account name. Here are the steps on how to change the account username.

Method 1: Change Local user account name.

• Press Windows key + R > type netplwiz
      > OK.
    • The User Accounts window will pop up, click User tab, then select the account that you'd like to change the name >
      Properties.
    • On the General tab, enter the your desired user name >
      Apply
      > OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Method 2: Change the user account if you're using a Microsoft account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Info.
    • Click Manage my Microsoft account. This will take you to Microsoft account settings page.
    • Select Edit name, then change the first and last name , and click
      Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Sep 6, 2018
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Change name for user (administrator)

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Change name for user (administrator)

1. Change name for user (administrator) - Similar Threads - Change name user

2. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  3. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  6. Change Administrator Name

Change Administrator Name: How do you change the administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/20ad9d9b-c53a-4b49-a67c-45efd9a0a3c3
  7. How to change administrator name under Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change administrator name under Users: I want to change the administrator name under Users on my computer. Can you tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-administrator-name-under-users/32a02d20-ad17-4cf0-ac8c-1d6a5e9c4c71"
  8. change administrator name

change administrator name: How do I change the administrators name with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/7c1a41d8-fc6a-41f0-bf4d-7db648001d71
  9. Administrator Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...
  10. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.: I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change user name vaios