Windows 10: Change name of app

Discus and support Change name of app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way for my to change the name of an app. For example change the name of a game to chrome. submitted by /u/Ace09x [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ace09x, May 20, 2020.

1. /u/Ace09x Win User

Change name of app

Is there a way for my to change the name of an app. For example change the name of a game to chrome.

submitted by /u/Ace09x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ace09x, May 20, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 20, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change name of app :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, May 20, 2020
  4. Change name of app

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Change name of app

1. Change name of app - Similar Threads - Change name app

2. Changing app names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing app names: I am looking for a way to change app names, so that they appear with a different name in (settings - apps - app list) but i can only find ways to change them in the start menu and desktop shortcuts. Anybody here that does know a way? submitted by /u/Budget-Ice9336 [link]...
  3. Apps changed name!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps changed name!!!: i recently updated my windows, to windows 10 build 2004 feature update, after the update i saw my windows defender on my apps list with a name that is long and composed of many words pertaining i think to the defender itself, how to fix it?...
  4. Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed: [IMG]Greetings, Today, I turn on my laptop to see the language? on my pc is changed. Only the files name is affected, the preference, settings etc aren’t affected. I wonder how do I change back? Is it because of a virus? Please help....
  5. No option to change sender name in Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?: Hello! There is an issue with the mail app that has been letting out my name to clients. I am unable to change it. This is quite disheartening and I'm ashamed on Microsoft's behalf to find there has been no update to this bug. However, I am hoping someone knows at least a...
  7. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  8. file and apps name changes in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file and apps name changes in folders: When I open my folders the contents of the file names is changed with a date extension added to it : ex. (2018_08_09 14_55_16 UTC) . Why is this happening and how do I get rid of this. Thanks - Val...
  9. Change the name of the cortana app

Change the name of the cortana app: Good morning. Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as LTSC. Thank you [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 122759
  10. Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Can app name be changed in All Apps list?: Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change name in windows 10