Windows 10: Change name of GameBar Captures.

Discus and support Change name of GameBar Captures. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshM_, Aug 7, 2019.

1. JoshM_ Win User

Change name of GameBar Captures.

Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of {game} - {timestamp}, I can change it to just {timestamp}.

:)

JoshM_, Aug 7, 2019

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Aug 7, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Change name of GameBar Captures.

Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Change name of GameBar Captures. 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Change name of GameBar Captures.

1. Change name of GameBar Captures. - Similar Threads - Change name GameBar

2. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  3. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  4. xbox gamebar capture has black bar around it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox gamebar capture has black bar around it: whenever I tried to use the xbox gamebar capture feature it looked like this:this started happening about a week ago, before it was perfectly fine & fullscreen. I don't know how to get it back to how it was previously. by the way, I saw this same question asked and people...
  5. Windows freezing while using gamebar capture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing while using gamebar capture: Hello, I have had this issue for a week or 2. I have tried searching for a solution and fix it but none of them worked. I have online classes which i record using the xbox gamebar capture, while doing so after awhile my screen freezes up. I can't open task manager, shut...
  6. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  7. Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error: I have an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition with Windows 10, have been using it to play, record and stream games for years with no issue until very recently. (within the last two weeks) Microsoft/Xbox Gamebar, an app that lets me record game footage at the press of a button on...
  8. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  9. Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar: [ATTACH] I had to reinstall Windows 10 about a week ago for unrelated reasons, but I had moved my Captures folder to my gaming SSD (F:\). When I reinstalled, I moved the empty captures folder in the default location to the current location. However, GameBar now saves to my...
  10. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Default Gamebar Capture location: I accidentally deleted the captures folder, and it changed the save location to D:\Videos. This is very annoying as I take many screenshots and clips. Is there anyway to change the save location of captures back to the captures folder?[ATTACH]...