Windows 10: Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Discus and support Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dani_F1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Hello,

How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name?

In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page.

Thanks

:)

Dani_F1, Aug 31, 2019

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 31, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

1. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen - Similar Threads - Change name Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  3. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  4. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  5. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  6. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  7. how to change the name of a Microsoft account

how to change the name of a Microsoft account: how to change the name of a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-microsoft-account/829f73d5-b7a8-4fea-be12-36b45befaaa7
  8. Sign-in name change

Sign-in name change: Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!...
  9. changing name on sign in screen

changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  10. Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator: I am using my deceased father in laws PC. The Microsoft account is his and I do not have his password so I cannot download apps etc. How do I change that? Also, he is established as administrator and I want to change that to myself. Is there a way to do that without...