Windows 10: change network computer name to match my administrative name

Discus and support change network computer name to match my administrative name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am administrator on this computer. My network computer says Linda's PC. How do I change it to read Linda Dattilo Administrator. How do I login as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loangirl1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. loangirl1 Win User

change network computer name to match my administrative name

I am administrator on this computer. My network computer says Linda's PC.

How do I change it to read Linda Dattilo Administrator.

How do I login as administrator? I am the only one that owns and uses this computer....

Thanks

Linda

:)

loangirl1, Dec 3, 2018
  2. TimNunn1 Win User

Administrator Name Change

Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do?

When I set up the computer, I called it "TIMDESKTOP". I was simply following the example on screen. Little did I know that the name of the computer is the name to grant even the sole administrator full permission to access the computer. So when I go to User
    accounts, there is my email name I used for my account in Windows, tcn1962@g***.com, and that is the name of the sole administrator for the computer. The Name TIMDESKTOP is not there.

So the question is, do I change the name of the computer to match my email address, or the solution would be to change the administrator name to match the computer name if it will let me do that. Does anyone know if it will? I also wonder if it will deny
    a request to change the computer name that will match the administrator name. It may not like that by default.

I just wish Windows could have had some sort of notice that explained this during setup, but it makes no reference of it.

So if anyone has any feedback on this I would appreciate it very much.

TimNunn1, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c /users it still list John: for example c/users/John and I want to change that to c/users/Jane. I have not been able to figure out how to change the user name to agree with the user name on the c drive. Could someone please explain how you do that on windows 10? Thank you.

Hereathome, Dec 3, 2018
  4. change network computer name to match my administrative name

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

change network computer name to match my administrative name

1. change network computer name to match my administrative name - Similar Threads - change network computer

2. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrator Name: The answers here for changing an administrator name don't work for Windows 11.That is: Navigating to User Accounts in the Control Panel, there is no "change user name" option, as is described in one post. Microsoft's official response is to open Computer Management and look...
  3. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  4. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  5. Name not match

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Name not match: [ATTACH] Just happened to see Event Viewer and drove me to this. That WD20 is 2TB storage that have error in Event Viewer. submitted by /u/hhaziq98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghyjcm/name_not_match/
  6. change administrator name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change administrator name: My mom passed her old PC on to me and I want to change the administrator name to mine. How do I go about this? I've tried logging in with my Microsoft account instead, however, I am now also stuck creating a password for this as I initially opted to log in via google....
  7. change administrator name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change administrator name: How do I change the administrators name with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/7c1a41d8-fc6a-41f0-bf4d-7db648001d71
  8. Administrator Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...
  9. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.: I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c...
  10. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...