Windows 10: Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

Discus and support Change Network on User Login with Powershell. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Branko1948, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

Hi all,

We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account.

I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change behavior when not at home. Depending on services and internet provider.

So I wish to have her network set to default. And mine back to my settings, when I log in.

For a next Windows version I would suggest private settings per account.

In the connections list show separate adapters after installing the VPN client.

So for somebody with Powershell knowledge, this cannot be a big problem.

Probably, this has been made already. I could't find it.

I can imagine more are interested. This may be useful.

Who can help us with this?

:)

Branko1948, Mar 18, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2020
  3. lotty Win User
    How to change to manage wifi profiles specific to user login

Problem
    windows 10 by default saves / remembers wifi profiles across all users … rather than by user login or specific to a user login … I have multiple SSIDs .. each SSID is mapped to separate vlan and router allows traffic based on vlan .. for example one vlan blocks youtube and other vlan allows

Other info
    Running W10 on surface pro and surface book .. use local user accounts .. not a domain / AD setup

Goal
    wifi connections / profiles to be remembered by user profile rather than by device. So a login to a local user account would only look to the wifi profiles saved/managed specifically for that user account … and if current user login each session (could toggle back and forth) W10 would toggle appropriate SSID for each user

Possibilities
    Command line using NETSH .. or powershell to change network type to user specific. Researching this topic I found steps to do this in W7 and apparently W7 used to have UI manage wireless networks were this field was exposed and could be toggled but removed in W10 .. guessing the attribute on the wifi profile record is still there and could be set or changed with proper syntax.

Login script, seems less desirable but its possible a script to block access by user to specific SSIDs .. so the SSIDs would continue to store and remember for all SSIDs at device level (all user logins could see all saved wifi profiles) but the login script would block based on user login .. just not sure how robust is the login script approach but seems at minimum to be more maintenance across devices.

lotty, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

1. Change Network on User Login with Powershell. - Similar Threads - Change Network User

2. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  3. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  4. Changing login user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  6. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  7. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Changing login on networked PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing login on networked PC: I'm having trouble finding a suitable search for this issue using Google. My situation is: I have a link to a networked PC. When I first clicked on this link it requested a username and password to logon to the PC. Unfortunately, I mistyped the username. Now, each time I...
  9. Change user email login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user email login: I deleted my old email at live.com and created a new Outlook.com email which I use to login to Microsoft. The old bredband email has been deleted but how do I update the email address aat the login screen to show the new one without creating a new account? What I am trying...
  10. Running Powershell for login of users

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Powershell for login of users: I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in...