Windows 10: change notepad default font to regular (not-bold)

Discus and support change notepad default font to regular (not-bold) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change the default regedit font to not-bold. I think IfWeight is the setting that I need to change, but what is the data value for not-bold?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SweetTasha, Jul 12, 2019.

1. change notepad default font to regular (not-bold)

I want to change the default regedit font to not-bold. I think IfWeight is the setting that I need to change, but what is the data value for not-bold?

Thanks.

change notepad default font to regular (not-bold) 3373b719-3a54-4f72-8a4a-0db2d76f2204?upload=true.jpg

:)

SweetTasha, Jul 12, 2019

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Martmcd Win User
    how to underline text & change it to BOLD italic in notepad?

notepad is limited in what it can do, you can make a word bold and italic by -

double click on the word (to select it)

select format from the menu, then font

choose a bold italic font from the lists.

as far as I know underline is not an option in notepad.

wordpad has more functionality, (click start and type wordpad).

select the word or phrase and use the following shortcuts ctrl+u (underline), ctrl+b (bold), ctrl+i (italic) or use the icons on the home ribbon.

Martmcd, Jul 12, 2019
  4. change notepad default font to regular (not-bold)

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

change notepad default font to regular (not-bold)

1. change notepad default font to regular (not-bold) - Similar Threads - change notepad default

2. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  3. Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Neue Light, Regular and Bold + italics in Windows adding fonts: Hello! I have a suggestion for Microsoft:I'd like Microsoft can include Helvetica Neue Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic, Bold and Bold Italic in Windows and across all Microsoft products, but without making it expensive.How can I make this suggestion? That's because I...
  4. change font to bold in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change font to bold in windows 11: How do you change font in Windows 11 to BOLD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-to-bold-in-windows-11/64abff85-725d-4b75-a5f1-4efc22749668
  5. change font to bold in windows 11

change font to bold in windows 11: How do you change font in Windows 11 to BOLD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-to-bold-in-windows-11/64abff85-725d-4b75-a5f1-4efc22749668
  6. Notepad Default Font changing on reboot

Notepad Default Font changing on reboot: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Howdy Folks This should be an easy one, but ... Google only provides the obvious way to change the Notepad font, not how to make a font default. - After uninstalling a PDF editor* trial I found my Notepad font changes...
  7. Balloon Bold Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  8. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  9. Notepad default font

Notepad default font: How do I change Notepad default font? Every time I open Notepad, it always set to Arial even I have saved text files using other fonts. I'm running Windows 10 Home SL 1803 Build 17134.137 Thank you....
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...