Windows 10: Change Notification Sounds?

Discus and support Change Notification Sounds? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello -- I suck at the Future. Once Upon a Time... (early 00's) in Windows (whatever revision) one had the option to personally choose what sound was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GornoP, Jan 12, 2021.

1. /u/GornoP Win User

Change Notification Sounds?

Hello -- I suck at the Future.

Once Upon a Time... (early 00's) in Windows (whatever revision) one had the option to personally choose what sound was made for various types of notifications. (This seemed like fun, but ultimately was tedious and got dull super fast)

In 2021, my wife is using our house PC for school in the same space as I am now using my laptop for work. Both have Windows 10.

I do not need to micro-manage every little nuance of the sound notifications... BUT It would be useful IF we could set our "notification" sounds to be a little bit different -- so we could each know which computer is making the noise.

There are "profiles" for the visual display. Is there any such thing NOW in 2021 as an audio "profile"? I feel like multiple people working next to one another in offices would have made that a good idea before COVID drove us all home...

Anyway, if there is no such thing, then on of you wunderkinds can suggest it for Windows 11 I guess?

submitted by /u/GornoP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GornoP, Jan 12, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Change Notification Sounds?

How to change notification sound for ICQ ?

Okay, sounds like its probably a built-in notification sound and would be very hard to change *Confused.

I guess you could go searching for a third-party program/software that allows you to change the notification sound, but I am doubtful that there will be one specifically for ICQ 10.

You could have a look at trying Skype if you want an alternative.

Other than the suggestions above I am not sure if I can help you any further, sorry *Sad. Perhaps a more experienced member can suggest a manual way of changing the notification sound by means of delving deeper into ICQ's program code/construction? *Wink

You could also contact ICQ directly and tell them, would it be possible to include a customisable feature for notifications sounds. They then may implement it into a future update Change Notification Sounds? :).

ellellell1, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Change Notification Sounds?

1. Change Notification Sounds? - Similar Threads - Change Notification Sounds

2. Changing notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  3. Changing notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  4. Changing or Modifying Outlook Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing or Modifying Outlook Sound Notifications: Sound notifications are driving me crazy i.e. the obnoxious "squeak" when I move from one Outlook function to another. I have followed all advice online and still can't seem to disable them. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would appreciate your ideas...Thanks...
  5. Can't change action center notification sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change action center notification sound...: When i set it to custom it's the same notification sound but when pressing test it works, any help? submitted by /u/Lucar69gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlqerx/cant_change_action_center_notification_sound/
  6. New Email Notification sound changed but not working

New Email Notification sound changed but not working: In Windows 10, I've gone into the Settings panel > Sounds > New Email Notification section and changed the default sound to a custom sound file. The sound file works fine when you test it after uploading it. But, all new emails continue to play the old, default sound file....
  7. Can't change the notification sounds.

Can't change the notification sounds.: Hi. Currently I'm having a problem when I tried to change the notification sounds. Yesterday was fine, I can change a few of them. But today when I tried to open up the file, my dialog box is stuck. I can't expand the dialog box, or scroll it down. It seems some text also...
  8. Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work

Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work: I have changed the notification custom and when I tested it, it worked fine. So I applied it. This is the route that I went through when changing the notification sound [control panel -> sound -> change sound system ->notification] But after changing it, whenever the...
  9. Changing sound volume notification

Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  10. How to change notification sound for ICQ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change notification sound for ICQ ?: Hello, im really new to this forum. I am tired from getting that notification sound of ICQ 10. If anyone can help me i will be very very thankful. 80383