Windows 10: Change of laptop password

Discus and support Change of laptop password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Until two days ago I had a password to access my laptop. It was different from my other passwords. Two days ago my laptop password was changed to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karenslost, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Change of laptop password

Until two days ago I had a password to access my laptop. It was different from my other passwords.

Two days ago my laptop password was changed to my Microsoft one. I didn't change it & I don't believe I clicked on anything to give Microsoft permission to change my existing laptop password or override it with something else.

Has anyone else had this experience?

How do I change my laptop password back and if I do will Microsoft/Windows just change it again?

:)

Karenslost, Dec 15, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 15, 2018
  3. boweasel Win User
    Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

Okay.... I followed all the steps in Option Four right up to Step 8,

Change of laptop password [​IMG]
    [
    where unlike the Tutorial, I got HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4. No 'S' in the word Account.

Then, in Step 9, when I opened the 000001F4 key, I was instructed to change 11 to 10 in the first column of line 0038. On the problem laptop, the first column of line 0038 has a value of 15, not 11. I would supply a screenshot but I don't know how to do that on a computer that won't start.

So I didn't do anything. I obviously need more help.

boweasel, Dec 15, 2018
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Change of laptop password

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

Change of laptop password

1. Change of laptop password - Similar Threads - Change laptop password

2. change laptops password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change laptops password: I remember my pin and have my fingerprint set up, but I forgot my password, I can still access my laptop but still I want to change my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-laptops-password/453f47ce-dab5-4459-be78-04f9c989c62a
  3. change laptops password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change laptops password: I remember my pin and have my fingerprint set up, but I forgot my password, I can still access my laptop but still I want to change my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-laptops-password/453f47ce-dab5-4459-be78-04f9c989c62a
  4. change laptops password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop stuck at change password page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck at change password page: Hi everyone good afternoon it is past 2:10 today on my laptop after clicked yes it is me and brings to this screen on my laptop where you change password and typed new password in I’m about to click save password I got this message says windows wants to access your google...
  6. Laptop stuck at change password page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck at change password page: Hi everyone good afternoon it is past 2:10 today on my laptop after clicked yes it is me and brings to this screen on my laptop where you change password and typed new password in I’m about to click save password I got this message says windows wants to access your google...
  7. Laptop login password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop login password change: Hello, I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not want to change my windows account password, I want to change the key I use to log in to my computer. It is not a local account....
  8. Microsoft Account Password not changing on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Password not changing on laptop: Hi all, I have been trying to get into my Lenovo Windows Laptop for a few days now. I usually just use a 4 digit security pin to login however a few days ago it wanted me to use the longer password for some reason. I can log in to my microsoft account through my phone...
  9. Change Lock screen Password on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Lock screen Password on laptop: How do I change my Lock Screen password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-lock-screen-password-on-laptop/8ed99547-c296-443c-a7ae-2b9ce62b850e
  10. Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop Hacked - Password Changed: My brother's best friend is a nice enough guy, but FAR from being the sharpest knife in the drawer.... A couple days ago he got a call from 'Microsoft', telling him that his computer was infected with a multitude of viruses. Not only did he take the call, but he agreed to...