Windows 10: Change of login password in windows 10

Discus and support Change of login password in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DamienBasson, May 27, 2019.

1. Change of login password in windows 10

Hi,

I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not the Microsoft Account Password

:)

DamienBasson, May 27, 2019

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, May 27, 2019
  4. Change of login password in windows 10

Changing password did not change Windows login password, only email password

I discovered my brother had found out my password for my Windows 10 PC. I went to change it in settings>Accounts>Sign in options>change password. doing this Changed my password for my Microsoft account, but did not change the Windows log in password, which
    is what I wanted to change.

my Microsoft account is tied to my Windows login account, I cannot find any other option to change the Windows login password, only the one I listed before.

Armouredfalcon, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Change of login password in windows 10

1. Change of login password in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change login password

2. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  3. Yahoo password change and login prompts

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo password change and login prompts: I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+. It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo before it can proceed. But Yahoo is already logged into. At the same time numerous unauthorized account key login confirmation...
  4. Windows 10 Login Password Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Login Password Change: I have changed my email password which i thought would have synced with my windows10 login. How do I get them to be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-login-password-change/e7a8490d-40f3-416b-90d4-8bf88679235c"
  5. Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login: Hello, I am reaching out to you due to an issue with a family friend's computer. They had allowed somebody access to their computer and they had changed the password upon time of being remoted in. They had changed the account password. Well due to this the friends were unable...
  6. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  7. Can't login to change password in windows?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login to change password in windows?: I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go to change password in setting>accounts>sign in options it still shows my old email and says this service isn't working try...
  8. Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep

Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep: I have been using the same Windows 10 password to log in upon start and to wake the computer for over a year. Today when I entered that same password to gain access after the computer went to sleep, it no longer worked. I tried every password I could think of, and finally...
  9. Can't change computer login password

Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...