Windows 10: Change of "look" in the Downloads folder after the latest update (15.08.2019?)

Discus and support Change of "look" in the Downloads folder after the latest update (15.08.2019?) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since the above-mentioned update, there is now a "calendar" effect showing when a file was downloaded. By this I mean: Today filename.jpg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NorminLOS, Aug 20, 2019.

1. NorminLOS Win User

Change of "look" in the Downloads folder after the latest update (15.08.2019?)

Hi,

Since the above-mentioned update, there is now a "calendar" effect showing when a file was downloaded.

By this I mean:

Today

filename.jpg

Yesterday

Picture.text

Last week

Morepic1.jpg

Morepic2.jpg

Last month

And so on

How do I get rid of this so all my files are in pure alphabetical order?

Regards and thanks for any help

Norminlos

:)

NorminLOS, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Bemark Win User

Outlook message icon has changed in Windows Explorer in latest update

Outlook message icons have changed in Windows Explorer in latest update downloaded today, 15-01-2019.

the envelope icon before was yellow and same as folders. now the envelope icon is colourless.

why is this as I preferred the icon coloured yellow.

Bemark, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Change of "look" in the Downloads folder after the latest update (15.08.2019?) - Similar Threads - Change Downloads folder

2. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.: On November 20th, 2021, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. In the process, it changed the defaults for Excel 2019. Before I could see the Workbook Views in the status bar but no longer. What is the problem? I am uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2019 twice but...
  3. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.: On November 20th, 2021, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. In the process, it changed the defaults for Excel 2019. Before I could see the Workbook Views in the status bar but no longer. What is the problem? I am uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2019 twice but...
  4. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is updating fles... Looking for changes for some 15 mins: Since short I have been experimenting with encrypted files on OneDrive. For this I have been using Cryptomator. Probably this triggered OneDrive to send me an email titled "Action Required: Signs of ransomware have been detected" Like this:...
  6. Downloads folder looks strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder looks strange: I don't know what I did, but one day my downloads folder started looking strange. It's only my downloads folder. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've tried a lot but nothing seems to be working. Please help me....
  7. Downloads folder after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder after latest cumulative update: Hi, my PC just installed the cumulative update that stated I needed to update the April 2018 update or something. Anyway, my downloads folder now has these horizontal organizers that read, "A long time ago", "Earlier this year", "Last month", etc. How do I remove or turn...
  8. Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019): As of this point in time, i have just spent 2 hours installing new sound drivers, reverting whatever this update has done to my taskbar and personalized settings, and even internet settings. I've always felt pretty sketch about windows 10, and this update even more so. I...
  9. Latest update win 10 12/08/19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update win 10 12/08/19: Since the latest update my mouse and keyboard wont work (wireless). Have now tried wired mouse and keyboard but still no joy. Was working fine before update I have tried all the usual fixes nothing is working any help would be appreciated...
  10. windows is gone after update on 5/15/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is gone after update on 5/15/2019: my windows 10 os will not work after a recent microsoft update on May 15. It shows windows installed 0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-gone-after-update-on-5152019/249b8b56-a5ae-4ada-9452-5110421066e1