Windows 10: Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

Discus and support Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by donegaljoe, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

Hi there folks,

Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update,

"The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device, youll see the update available on this page"

So is this just a general message or has Microsoft somehow got feedback from maybe a log created during failed updates to V2004 on my computer and pushed out the changed message to me?

I somehow doubt it, but thought I would just ask here.

Thanks a lot,
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Jun 30, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004 [​IMG]

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 30, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

1. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004 - Similar Threads - Change message Update

2. Regarding Windows 10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding Windows 10 version 2004 update: It's been a while, I haven't received any update of 20H1 or 20H2. Now the version I'm using its support is going to expire, So when can I get an update regarding 20H1 or 20H2. I'm using ASUS Vivobook S X510UNR...
  3. Regarding windows 10 2004 version update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding windows 10 2004 version update.: Since i have updated my laptop to new version of Windows 10 200464 bit , i am having a display problem i.e sometimes my display starts blinking not flickerwhen i put in power supply which is too frustrating , this does not happen when i run my laptop on charger . I also...
  4. Windows 10 Version 2004 update regarding

Windows 10 Version 2004 update regarding: Recently my HP Pavilion 15 laptop had revived windows 10 version 2004 update, once after updating the system it started running very slow. To resolve this lagging issue, i re-installed fresh copy of windows through available recovery feature in Windows 10 Home edition....
  5. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  6. 2004 Update Has New Message

2004 Update Has New Message: After checking for the 2004 update for several weeks and getting the message that my computer was not ready for it and there was noting I needed to do at this time, I suddenly got a new message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device,...
  7. Fair warning regarding 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fair warning regarding 2004 update: I dunno what the devs and testers are getting paid for at microsoft, but updating to the 2004 version of win10 removed office 365 from my pc. Outlook.exe is simply not found, the rest of the apps wont start. Congrats for the great update! submitted by...
  8. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  9. Not ready for 2004 update message

Not ready for 2004 update message: I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to...
  10. Update message not changing

Update message not changing: I have the message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" When I click on "Check for Updates", it finds none and...