Windows 10: Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft

Discus and support Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new machine, and ran into an issue where the Motherboard was faulty. Unfortunately, I only found out about this after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MdeZrael, Sep 21, 2021.

1. MdeZrael Win User

Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft

Hi, I recently built a new machine, and ran into an issue where the Motherboard was faulty. Unfortunately, I only found out about this after the installation of Windows, but before I managed to link the Product Key to a Microsoft Account.Is is possible to replace the motherboard, and still have the Product Key work, or will I need to buy a new product key?

:)

MdeZrael, Sep 21, 2021

2. link product key to Microsoft Account

how do i link the product key with my Microsoft account because I don't wan't to spend 40 minutes on the phone ever again because I changed my motherboard.

by the way my computer is activated

allantookashutonapple, Sep 21, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account?

It is dead easy to remove the digital link from MS account. Simply change login to a local licence.

Then use your product key on new pc. If Windows complains key has already been used, use telephone activation and at step where it asks about licence, state it will only be used on new pc.

cereberus, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft

Need to change motherboard?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I would like to inform that some Hardware changes will affect the activation and Motherboard is one of the hardware. After the copy of Windows is activated, the Product Key that is used to activate, will be particular to the Motherboard and the same Product
    Key cannot be used if the Motherboard is replaced. Another Product Key has to be purchased to activate the copy of Windows Operating System.

Also, suggest you to refer the post by Kalpana Shankarappa from the link provided below for information regarding Hardware changes that cause activation problems.

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft

1. Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Change Motherboard without

2. Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key: Good Day Microsoft CommunityI am trying to link my Microsoft Account to my Product key. I followed the steps in the link below:Activate Windows - Microsoft SupportOne of the steps say that I should go to the activation page and select "Add Account", but I don't see such an...
  3. Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key: Good Day Microsoft CommunityI am trying to link my Microsoft Account to my Product key. I followed the steps in the link below:Activate Windows - Microsoft SupportOne of the steps say that I should go to the activation page and select "Add Account", but I don't see such an...
  4. account linked with product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    account linked with product key: i have 2 microsoft accounts in this pc currently and how do i check/change the account linked with the product key . i am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-linked-with-product-key/ed45f338-201b-4da0-994a-74cf91651a4e
  5. Motherboard changed and can't use original product key

Motherboard changed and can't use original product key: How do you contact Microsoft for windows 10 activation issues with a hardware change. Need to talk to a real person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-changed-and-cant-use-original-product/c8fd8452-5124-46e3-b761-70ee28e31186
  6. Change product key link not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change product key link not available in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an activation section that you can use to change the product […] This article Change product key link not available in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Personalization Without Product Key!!!!

Personalization Without Product Key!!!!: Hi so a few days ago i upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit i was using 32 bit for a while and while i was using 32 bit of windows 10 i could not Personalize My laptop but when i upgraded to 64 bit .... i could Personalize everything! like everything! is this a new feature in...
  8. Lost product key and new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost product key and new motherboard: My last motherboard died on me and I got a new motherboard I plan to install with my old SSD on it with windows. I intend to install a fresh copy but don't have my product key. How would I go about obtaining that key before I attempt to install anything? Thanks for any help....
  9. Changing Motherboard - Windows Key

Changing Motherboard - Windows Key: So I have an old Lenovo H430 that came with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 10. Over time, I upgraded everything on the computer, lastly with a new motherboard/ram/case. Now there is basically nothing left of the Lenovo. Is there any way to move the windows key over...
  10. Product key without Microsoft account?

Product key without Microsoft account?: I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows, will this be a problem when I reinstall in the future? 12109