Windows 10: Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

Discus and support Change of Owner name and PW of Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My wife has just given me her old computer which has her MS login screen name and password. How do we (does she) change the computer name, account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SandyWeldale1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

My wife has just given me her old computer which has her MS login screen name and password. How do we (does she) change the computer name, account and admin authority to my MS name and account?

:)

SandyWeldale1, Aug 5, 2019
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Aug 5, 2019
  3. PCouto1 Win User
    Change computer owner name

How do I change the owner name of my pc computer. I have windows 10.

PCouto1, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

Owner/Administrator Name Change

Hi James,

Editing the user profile depends on the type of your account. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you’re using a Microsoft account or a local account.

If you are using a Microsoft account, you can edit the sign-in name by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Your info.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • On your Profile, click Edit name.
    • Change your username.
    • Hit Save.
    • Restart your computer.

If you have a local account, you can edit it by going to the Control Panel. Follow these steps:

• Type Control Panel in Search.
    • Launch Control Panel.
    • Click the Change account type link.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click the Change the account name link.
    • Enter the new credentials.
    • Hit Change Name.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

1. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer - Similar Threads - Change Owner name

2. Change the owner account on a computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the owner account on a computer: I have windows 10 and my wife was the first user on the account. Without losing everything on it how do i change the owner from her account to mine? Thank you in advance....
  3. Change of owner

Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  4. computer owner change

computer owner change: My mother passed away and I'm her son and new owner of the computer. How doI remove her name and replace with mine ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-owner-change/9bc33b1c-ba7b-4da5-8c72-8ee08b9f0a83
  5. Changing Computers User Name

Changing Computers User Name: Hi, My mom just gave me her laptop so I'm trying to personalize it as me. While trying to change the Username, I don't quite get why I have already change the username in the registry but still showing different name on the system information. Anything I can do to fix this? I...
  6. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"
  7. Change of my Computer's Name

Change of my Computer's Name: I unknowingly changed my Computer's name in the Control panel settings. I'm not connected to a Domain or a workgroup. So will this affect or cause any problems in the Future?...
  8. Changing computer name

Changing computer name: Hello I recently purchased a new hp laptop computer for my business. My coworker set up the computer not knowing what i needed computer name to be and also logged into Microsoft through it. My question is do i need to return computer to factory to change the computer and...
  9. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....
  10. Odd owner folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd owner folder name: Hello, After having installed win 10, windows has chosen w/o consulting me a concatenation of my 1st name and few characters of my last name as my folder name (the one in c:\users\). Can I change it back to my first name or <first>space<last> or anything sensible? Thank...