Windows 10: Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

Discus and support Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

Hello,

I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my Skype account will be linked to my Microsoft account. I would prefer not to have them linked. Will changing the password now automatically link them?

Thanks,

Daffy D

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 10, 2020

2. Change Skype password (not Skype for Windows)

Hi,

I use Skype 7.41, so the legacy Skype, not Skype for Windows from the Store.

I did not link my Skype account to my Microsoft account, and I do not want to.

I need to change my password, however, when I try to change it from the Skype legacy website Sign in to Skype... it redirects me to the Microsoft website Sign in to your Microsoft account... and the only password that I can change is the one of my Microsoft
    account not the Skype one.

Any help on how to change my Skype password would be much appreciated.

Philippe

Philippe Willems, Dec 10, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

1. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype - Similar Threads - Change Password Microsoft

2. Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10: Issue:I have a microsoft account linked to my local account on my windows 10 computer. I don't remember the password. I've tried resetting it where MS reviews information I've submitted to verify it's me. They say they can't verify my ID so I want to link my local ID with a...
  3. Changing password on link accounts

Changing password on link accounts: I get the warning that I need to update my password on link accounts. This is on my PC with Windows 10. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-password-on-link-accounts/a176ec9f-27bf-4209-93c8-4fa96c85f36d
  4. Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works: I'm not too sure if I should be posting three separate questions but problems one and three could be linked. So I changed my Microsoft Account password using my phone, and as expected my computer notified me that I needed to fix my account. I entered the new password but...
  5. Microsoft Account password change is FORCING ME to link Skype...reviews say it's another...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account password change is FORCING ME to link Skype...reviews say it's another...: Microsoft continues it's anti-user approach to making changes. I simply wanted to update my password, but simple and Microsoft are oxymorons simple is the oxy part. I'm being told if i change my password then Skype will be linked to my Microsoft account. However, what they...
  6. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?: I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no...
  7. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  8. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed: I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing...
  9. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117
  10. Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password: Hello New to the forums and PCs in general. Bit of back info - built a PC a month ago. Have had a few set backs with drivers and BIOS update, but it seems everything is stable for now. I signed into my Xbox Live account about a week ago, which is linked to my...