Windows 10: Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

Discus and support Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows v.1909 Error Code: 0x80072EE7 I made my own computer recently and registered it fine. Then the power supply died and I replaced it. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rigger48, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Rigger48 Win User

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

Windows v.1909

Error Code: 0x80072EE7

I made my own computer recently and registered it fine. Then the power supply died and I replaced it. After that I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark and usual warnings. Going through >Settings>Activate> Troubleshoot>Hardware Change> etc. would give a screen saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later"

On my MS profile I have two identical devices registered now. Both have the exact same hardware profiles but one is activated and the other says "To be filed by O.E.M." The activated one disappeared the day the PSU died and the other profile is what it is what the rig registers itself as now.

I'm using a digital license so I don't have a product key. Phone support says it can't do anything without a product key. Do I remove the old device profile or what?

:)

Rigger48, Mar 10, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate [​IMG]

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate [​IMG]

zbook, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Profile picture

I tried again what was suggested about searching for my profile pictures, and I cannot find them. It won`t even allow me to change it to one of my other 2 previous ones. Also, I can`t change my lock screen picture. Maybe I need an idiot-guide! lol.

DoreenLindsay, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

1. Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate - Similar Threads - Change PSU has

2. Profileimagepath changed, now my profile has been deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profileimagepath changed, now my profile has been deleted?: Hello everyone,Yesterday, I decided to change my user profile folder from "cex" to "Jack J". I did this by changing the profileimagepath name, and for some reason my account on this laptop has been deleted, along with my files? I've tried to install backup recover software,...
  3. Profileimagepath changed, now my profile has been deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Profileimagepath changed, now my profile has been deleted?: Hello everyone,Yesterday, I decided to change my user profile folder from "cex" to "Jack J". I did this by changing the profileimagepath name, and for some reason my account on this laptop has been deleted, along with my files? I've tried to install backup recover software,...
  4. Profileimagepath changed, now my profile has been deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  6. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  7. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Duplicate Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate Profiles: This is my first time using this forum. I’m building a windows 10 machine that needs multiple identical profiles with unique names. This machine is not going to be on a domain but maybe imaged or replicated. The settings that need to be the same include: Start Menu, Task Bar,...
  9. File History has created a duplicate directory?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History has created a duplicate directory?: I'm using File History to backup to an NAS. I noticed two days ago a duplicate directory has been created on the NAS at: > ThisPC > Data (\\NAS) (L:) > sxxxe So now in that location I have: JAY-DESKTOPDELL JAY-DESKTOPDELL (2) Why is there now a duplicate directory and how...
  10. Is it possible to create two administrative user profiles?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create two administrative user profiles?: *SORRY--just realized this should be in another forum. Not sure how to move but checking with admin now. I would like to create two administrator user profiles, one with complete control and one configured with (at least) two limitations: 1) the inability to move,...