Windows 10: Change of Router Effect on Printer

Discus and support Change of Router Effect on Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have a Brother printer that was connected through Wi Fi to my laptop. We just had a new router installed and now the printer is listed as offline.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackieLH, May 27, 2019.

1. JackieLH Win User

Change of Router Effect on Printer

We have a Brother printer that was connected through Wi Fi to my laptop. We just had a new router installed and now the printer is listed as offline. How do I get it to recognise the laptop with the new router?

:)

JackieLH, May 27, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Wireless printer not showing up in router

Hello Benjj,

I can suggest a few basic troubleshooting steps to start off in the attempt to fix this issue. Please check out
    this link from our support and try step 2: Run the Printing troubleshooter and Step 3: Update your printer's drivers,
    if you haven't done so. Try it out and let us know the outcome.

If the issue persist after running the troubleshooter and updating the driver, this may be a possible communication issues between your printer and router, since the recommended driver works fine on your Windows PC. I suggest that you reach out to either
    your printer or router's support website for further assistance.

all the best.

Mark Isi, May 27, 2019
  3. bodosko Win User
    Wireless modem router plus printer port ?

Hello guys.

Does it exist? A Wireless ADSL modem router with printer port all-in-one ?
    If not, what is the best option to buy?
    All 3 separated? Or Wireless router with printer server and a modem?

I would like an adsl modem suggestion that its very solid and doesnt freeze. Because I have a Dlink-500B and this thing freezes a lot.

And if you know any website that is specialized in modems please let me know.

Thank you.

bodosko, May 27, 2019
  4. Change of Router Effect on Printer

Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Change of Router Effect on Printer

1. Change of Router Effect on Printer - Similar Threads - Change Router Effect

2. changing router password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing router password: Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be much appreciated. Kind regardsDenis...
  3. changing router password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing router password: Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be much appreciated. Kind regardsDenis...
  4. How effective is a router for parental controls?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How effective is a router for parental controls?: My son wants to install Windows 7 in his Windows 10 PC so he can dual boot to any of the two. I am aware that Windows 7 is insecure and no longer supported, so before saying no and sticking to Windows 10 parental controls (which is not great but isnt too bad either), I...
  5. Can windows virus effect modem/router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can windows virus effect modem/router: If I have a virus on my windows device, can it spread to effect my internet modem? Or would the virus have to directly target the modem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-windows-virus-effect-modemrouter/9f5a1af5-079a-4470-bcff-96333d34e704
  6. connect computer to printer after router change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect computer to printer after router change: How do I connect my computer to the wireless printer after a router change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-computer-to-printer-after-router-change/84b1a704-0753-4b39-bd8c-756031ecf0f0
  7. new router unable to connect printer

new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...
  8. Change router password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change router password.: I want to change my password on my internet connection. I can access the router in a web browser. How do I change it on a windows 10 PC? 117211
  9. Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers

Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers: It seems that every restart of my router adds to Devices and Printers new router ghost. How to avoid this? [img] 81892
  10. HP printer on router

HP printer on router: I have an HP Photosmart printer which works just fine when plugged into a USB port. However I need to have it connected to my router so I can share it. Unfortunately Windows 10 cant see it there, either by Ethernet or wireless. Did the Google thing and the HP searches, no...