Windows 10: Change of Windows startup

Discus and support Change of Windows startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my taskbar, there was a search box. All of a sudden, it is a magnifying glass icon. Previously, when I clicked the Windows icon on the left of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonHorvath1949, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Change of Windows startup

On my taskbar, there was a search box. All of a sudden, it is a magnifying glass icon.

Previously, when I clicked the Windows icon on the left of my taskbar, I would get a view with all my apps on the left. That is gone. Now, when I click the Windows icon, I get the control panel. I have to click a bit of text -- Apps -- in the upper left to get a list of apps.

How do I go back to my original look/setup?

Thank you.

:)

RonHorvath1949, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Change of Windows startup

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Change of Windows startup

1. Change of Windows startup - Similar Threads - Change startup

2. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  3. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  4. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  5. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  6. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  7. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  8. Startup apps status not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps status not changing: Hello,I am trying to enable some apps to startup with windows. I am doing it from Task Manager/Startup Apps. I enabled some of them. I close the task manager and if I open it again, it appears "Disabled" to them again. Even though I enable them again and reboot the laptop...
  9. Startup apps status not changing

Startup apps status not changing: Hello,I am trying to enable some apps to startup with windows. I am doing it from Task Manager/Startup Apps. I enabled some of them. I close the task manager and if I open it again, it appears "Disabled" to them again. Even though I enable them again and reboot the laptop...
  10. I want to change the startup way on my dual boot system

I want to change the startup way on my dual boot system: I have a dual boot system on my computer. I installed a new Windows 10 system on a new SSD. But now my new Windows installation has Volume E. I want it to start up as volume C. How can I change this? If I remove my old HDD , the computer doesn't find my new Windows 10...