Windows 10: Change OneDrive personal to Business

Discus and support Change OneDrive personal to Business in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I already use the 5GB OneDrive for personal use. I have absolutely no need for Office 365 so the personal upgrade does not work for me. So I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SGBrock, Jun 26, 2019.

1. SGBrock Win User

Change OneDrive personal to Business

I already use the 5GB OneDrive for personal use.

I have absolutely no need for Office 365 so the personal upgrade does not work for me.

So I am considering purchase a OneDrive 1TB Business plan so I can back up all my files to the cloud rather than using local storage.

Will I be able to use the same Microsoft account and merge/migrate the data or will I need a new MS account?

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance

Simon

:)

SGBrock, Jun 26, 2019

2. OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

Hi,

Have a Nokia 710 running Windows Phone 7.8

The issue I have is that I'm trying to get the Phone to sync with an Office 365 OneDrive for Business Account via the Office App, however due to the fact that it has previously been linked to a personal OneDrive account I cannot seem to get it to link to
    the OneDrive for Business account. Even adding a new location just doesn't seem to like it.

Is there any way you can reset the Office App (without resetting the whole phone) or is there some other way I can get it to connect, suggestions welcome.

I have posted this in the O365 forum and they have directed me here.

Thanks.

NeilMacCuish, Jun 26, 2019
  3. tfwul Win User
    OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive

Just curious to know: from a technical point of view:
    what are the differences between OneDrive personal, the default OneDrive or the one coming with 365, versus OneDrive for Business?

Background: there may be applications, like SnagIt, that do support OneDrive for Business, or GoogleDrive, or DropBox, but not OneDrive 'personal'.

Thanks.

tfwul, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Change OneDrive personal to Business

OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I suspect that the last point is the issue. The mobile will be associated with a personal windows account. I had hoped that I would be able to just add the business one or change where the App points (in much the same way I can link to the Office 365 email).

The ideal end state was to have my Office 365 OneDrive accessed through my Office App on the phone and the personal one through the OneDrive app.

However looks like a reset will be the only option?

NeilMacCuishVG, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Change OneDrive personal to Business

1. Change OneDrive personal to Business - Similar Threads - Change OneDrive personal

2. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  3. Onedrive Business & Personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Business & Personal: If you want to put personal and business onedrive account on the same computer with the same email address do you just need to have different usernames? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business-personal/1f640046-b050-4bce-9bb4-0586fa629d91
  4. Change of email in Onedrive personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of email in Onedrive personal: Hello Support,I would like to change my email in Onedrive personal $2.99/month for 500GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-email-in-onedrive-personal/7efc1b8f-c468-4ac1-8fc6-d6797029f2b8
  5. Change of email in Onedrive personal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of email in Onedrive personal: Hello Support,I would like to change my email in Onedrive personal $2.99/month for 500GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-email-in-onedrive-personal/7efc1b8f-c468-4ac1-8fc6-d6797029f2b8
  6. Change from Microsoft Personal to Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change from Microsoft Personal to Business: Hi there, For years I've had the microsoft personal subscription but have recently set up my own business and therefore opened a Microsoft business subscription for the customised email etc.. I'm now planning to cancel the personal one, but how do I best go about ensuring...
  7. OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows

OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows: Hi, I have two OneDrive accounts (not really sure why anymore, as I cancelled my personal Office365 in favour of Business Office265). So - my new PC now has two OneDrive icons on the taskbar, and the personal one with 5GB space is almost full. I am trying to get the content...
  8. How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?

How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?: On my previous computer I had OneDrive personal and OneDrive for Business co-existing. I just got a new Windows 10 PC and it has my OneDrive for Business set up on it. I'm unable to start (install?) OneDrive sync personal on it. In the search bar if I type in OneDrive the...
  9. OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive

OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive: Just curious to know: from a technical point of view: what are the differences between OneDrive personal, the default OneDrive or the one coming with 365, versus OneDrive for Business? Background: there may be applications, like SnagIt, that do support OneDrive for Business,...
  10. How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove onedrive for business but keep onedrive personal: I had both personal and business onedrive accounts on my computer. I no longer need the business account so I unlinked the pc and signed out. I can't get rid of the location in file explorer and I get a constant nag to log in to business onedrive. I no longer have access to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change onedrive personal to business