Windows 10: Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

Discus and support Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I know how to use 'Change Only the Text Size' (in the Control Panel's Display applet) to make certain elements larger and/or bolder, and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mark99k, Mar 14, 2016.

1. mark99k Win User

Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

Hello. I know how to use 'Change Only the Text Size' (in the Control Panel's Display applet) to make certain elements larger and/or bolder, and this works fine on one of my 2 PCs. But on the other, the setting lasts only for the current session. At each reboot they're all back to unbolded 9pt, which for me is so small and faint it's almost comically useless.

Both PCs are running Win 10 Pro, both are recent (though non-identical) Dell desktops, and both are used for very similar -- and mundane -- tasks. What on earth could be making one of them lose its settings at each boot? *Confused

Note: This isn't a case of the settings being grayed out. I know the drill there -- I don't have a custom scaling level set.

Many thanks for any clues.

Mark

:)

mark99k, Mar 14, 2016

2. Default text size W10

Windows 10 text size when I installed W1o text size was set at 26 and I thought I would be clever and change this to 12 only to find now that text is too small to read satisfactory, how do I revert to default 26

worrymouse, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Why are text size settings going back to default after reboot in Windows 10?

Tried all the suggestions I found in the community forums and FAQs for Windows 10 and no matter how many times I change my display text sizes for Menus, Message Box, etc., they revert BACK to the default settings each time the computer reboots.

I even have saved the theme with a new name after changing those font sizes, but they don't want to "stick." Anyone have any clue how to resolve this?

Thanks.

The_Real_Crusader, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

1. Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login - Similar Threads - Change Text Size

2. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  3. Default Fonts and text sizes

Default Fonts and text sizes: I recently had a computer updated to Windows 10. I had previously been using Windows XP I believe or Windows 7. I was wondering what the default changes have been with text over that time. All of my text on my desktop is different and all of my font sizes on my browsers...
  4. Nice to size ONLY text!

Nice to size ONLY text!: How nice (it will be) to be able to size JUST text separately OR Everything [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/nice-to-size-only-text/f51dc103-7b35-4013-87fb-b9135210426e
  5. Custom font sizes revert to default at login

Custom font sizes revert to default at login: When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next time I log in. How can that be prevented? I upgrade 2 machines to Win10 and thought I configured them identically but this...
  6. Change only text size greyed out.

Change only text size greyed out.: Windows does not allow me to change only text size on my desktop, menus etc. Only I can do is to change size of everything (taskbar, icons) which is not what i want. Is there any way to change only text size? 24373
  7. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  8. Why is the "change only text size" greyed out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the "change only text size" greyed out?: I'm logged in an admin account and it's greyed out. I searched online and it seems some people have this issue as well but I couldn't find a solution. [img] 16702
  9. Text size keeps reverting to small.

in Windows 10 Support
    Text size keeps reverting to small.: After the last update my fonts shrunk. They look like little more than dots. I think it's going to 3 point. I've tried Font Size Changer and Advanced Font Size Changer. but neither takes hold and I'm back to the dots. The taskbar button text is okay and Browser seems exempt...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207