Windows 10: Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Discus and support Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidReid1991, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders?

In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together

I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white causes the windows to blend together and this disorientates me a bit

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? a015bbc5-db5b-4a74-a95d-b0a1f9db5663?upload=true.png

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? e29c40bd-de0f-46cd-80cc-6a082fb10c22?upload=true.png

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? 690b0178-fb4a-4d25-9644-09523b7aba39?upload=true.png

:)

DavidReid1991, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Title Bar Colours

In the Windows Registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
    in the right pane , create a new DWORD (32-bit Value) and name it AccentColorInactive
    either copy the color from 'AccentColor' or enter your desired color in hexadecimal format.
    Close the Windows Registry, interact with any new open window to see the immediate effects.

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? [​IMG]

(If you have windows with borders, such as with 'AeroLite' Theme, the borders will dim, text may dim and buttons will loose their color and opacity but the title bar color itself will remain undimmed.)

Edwin, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Fenestrix Win User
    Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE

Scannow apparently is happy.

And here is the Display resolution report.

I'll now reboot as you suggested, see what happens, and report back to you.

Florida Rene, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

1. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders? - Similar Threads - Change colour title

2. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  3. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  4. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  5. Title Bar Colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Colours: In Win7 I had title bars that were graded from one colour to another along the length. They started red at the left and gradually merged to be blue at the right. How do I do this in Win10?...
  6. Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu

Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu: So recently there was an update, and after the update my colors disappeared on the start menu. It was supposed to look like the picture shown in the preview[ATTACH] But it looks like this instead[ATTACH] I have tried changing to default themes, unclicking all possible...
  7. Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours: Hi everyone. After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the...
  8. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars: Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars. So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now. And...
  9. Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

in Browsers and Email
    Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color: Hi Everyone, I performed a search in this forum for a method to change the border/title bar from white to a different color..at least for me, the white color is WAY to bright..and it is very distracting. Doing a search about it elsewhere on the web..didn't help, in fact most...
  10. Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature: Hi, Does anyone know how can I remove these transparent borders from the 'Notification' and 'Search' boxes? Before the latest Windows 10 build I used a method in order to put some colour on the title bars which was this one: EDIT: Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change title bar color only

2. aplikasi split color border dan title bar windows