Windows 10: Change open files in.

Discus and support Change open files in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have BSOD errors, "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT," "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and a couple other errors security kernel??. I tried to use windbg but I accidently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aidan_226, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Aidan_226 Win User

Change open files in.

I have BSOD errors, "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT," "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and a couple other errors security kernel??. I tried to use windbg but I accidently changed all my dmp files to open in note. Now they will not open in windbg. I have no idea how to change them back please help.

:)

Aidan_226, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 28, 2020
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Change open files in.

Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Change open files in.

1. Change open files in. - Similar Threads - Change open files

2. All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open: All of the file on my dad's computer word, excel, pdf etc. got changed to VSUBHRK file and I am unable to change it back nor open the file. I am not sure what I can do, thank you!* Moved from Windows 10/Files...
  3. All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open: All of the file on my dad's computer word, excel, pdf etc. got changed to VSUBHRK file and I am unable to change it back nor open the file. I am not sure what I can do, thank you!...
  4. All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open: All of the file on my dad's computer word, excel, pdf etc. got changed to VSUBHRK file and I am unable to change it back nor open the file. I am not sure what I can do, thank you!...
  5. All file are changed to VSUBHRK File and couldn't be open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. accidentally changed app to open files

accidentally changed app to open files: I accidentally changed my .3ds files to open with the adobe air app how do I change them back to open with 3ds max? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-changed-app-to-open-files/11933a5a-519e-4424-a1b1-df58e0131923
  7. How to change jar files to open default.

How to change jar files to open default.: So I accidentally changed it so my jar files open with internet explorer and I would like to make it the default instead of any apps without a system reset please advise....
  8. Shortcut: Change path to open specific file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut: Change path to open specific file.: I encountered this on a forum years ago. In a shortcut's Properties it is possible to add a specific file for the program to open to by default. Can't remember the correct syntax. The program: "C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" The file I want to use:...
  9. There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file

There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file: There is nothing, no "change", I can't open "gsp" file, It's a gemetry file [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-nothing-no-change-i-cant-open-the-file/7a231558-1f6a-463e-8dce-6ad2eab1dcbc
  10. change the default app to open a file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the default app to open a file type: How do I change the default app to open a .wpd document file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-app-to-open-a-file-type/6cb7b0b6-d967-4f4b-9d18-8ad6651abac0