Windows 10: Change or Delete File Name

Discus and support Change or Delete File Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.L.R.- [O365], Dec 12, 2019.

1. Change or Delete File Name

Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder:

Change or Delete File Name 64680be7-281b-4738-b4d5-118224ea7498?upload=true.png

:)

M.L.R.- [O365], Dec 12, 2019
  2. Baleful Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

Change or Delete File Name ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Dec 12, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 12, 2019
  4. mike047 Win User

Change or Delete File Name

Changing device names and deleting devices

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Change or Delete File Name

1. Change or Delete File Name - Similar Threads - Change Delete File

2. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleting file with long file name

Deleting file with long file name: I have a file, not a folder, on my desktop that exceeds the 256 limit and I have tried everything on line that I can see to delete it but I am unable to do wo. I cannot move it to a folder, I cannot cut and paste it to the recycle bin, I cannot rename it, I cannot Zip it,...
  6. user name can't change or delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user name can't change or delete: when I log in for first time on new PC , I log in using new user name , after one month I change the user name for another , but is still see the old user name appear on all files Attached is example : i can't remove user name : homam even it's not active how to delete...
  7. File name change

File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  8. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  9. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....
  10. Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working

Change Name and Delete Screenshot Not Working: When taking a screenshot and right clicking on it, I do not see the options to Rename or Delete. How can I get those two options to work? I use Windows 10. Thanks, Jerry 11/23/18...