Windows 10: change or delete password promp at first log in stage

Discus and support change or delete password promp at first log in stage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi . I bought a laptop for my son. But when he logs in at the start he gets my name on the screen . How can we can we change this so he can log in via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ASR27Heed, Jun 14, 2020.

1. ASR27Heed Win User

change or delete password promp at first log in stage

hi . I bought a laptop for my son. But when he logs in at the start he gets my name on the screen . How can we can we change this so he can log in via his name or even no password at all. Thanks

:)

ASR27Heed, Jun 14, 2020

2. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Jon M. Win User
    Can't log in Gmail after changed password

Hi RL98,

Regarding the issue you are having with gmail, I suggest the following troublehsooting steps

1) Go to gmail.com, login and change your password.

2) Delete your gmail account on the phone, reinstall and use the password you created in step 1.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers

Best regards

Jon M., Jun 14, 2020
  4. change or delete password promp at first log in stage

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

change or delete password promp at first log in stage

1. change or delete password promp at first log in stage - Similar Threads - change delete password

2. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  3. Os repair promp

Os repair promp: I have this in my notes as a way to repair an operating system but I think the prompt is not correct partially can you helpPerform repair system files : Type cmd in the Windows search bar, right-click on the Command Prompt, and run it as an administrator. You must type the...
  4. Promp message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Promp message: What does "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until a data integerity scan is completed" means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promp-message/1820736b-623b-46c7-b9d3-8c3ac1ee4c9a
  5. Promp message

Promp message: What does "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until a data integerity scan is completed" means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promp-message/1820736b-623b-46c7-b9d3-8c3ac1ee4c9a
  6. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  7. Change from PIN to password to log in

Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  8. Command Promp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Promp: How can I open command prompt to find the mac address of this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-promp/7e6a0774-1010-4c09-9727-ddd1377d94a4
  9. Skipping password stage to logon to windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skipping password stage to logon to windows: I have used netplwiz several times to eliminate the need to for a password to log into windows. It only works for several days but always reverts back to the password requirement. There are two user accounts and have gone through the procedure to eliminate the password...
  10. First time log in issue, can't enter password

in Windows 10 Support
    First time log in issue, can't enter password: I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck. On the log in screen, I am unable to select or type in the password field and the options in the bottom right are also unavailable. I can...