Windows 10: Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

Discus and support Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there,We have some machines on our estate that where imaged using the wrong OSLanguage, these where issued as EN-US instead of EN-GB, in the grand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christopher_P_Green, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

Hi there,We have some machines on our estate that where imaged using the wrong OSLanguage, these where issued as EN-US instead of EN-GB, in the grand scheme of things its not a huge problem for us as we have changed the default keyboard layout to EN-GB but does anyone know if it is possible to change the Default OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB using Group Policy, Powershell Script or SCCM.We have about 800 devices that this will need correcting on.ThanksChris

:)

Christopher_P_Green, Aug 26, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Difference between en, en-gb and uk editions v1903

Never seen a UK-only version before. Strictly speaking, the en-gb version is not a solely UK version, it is officially called 'English International'.

3. biker66 Win User
    Difference between en, en-gb and uk editions v1903

10972d3072ee715a6c8e2001754220c9147ef78ben-gb_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_44ca01a6.iso344ca92459c23663d5f857c72a7c030f85f 19be8en_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_b980e68c.iso03e1ccc463eb59439988a09057998e 5c87d4ab54uk_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_e1022cf0.iso

en-gb is british english and en american english but its the first time i've seen a uk edition. how does this differ from en-gb?

biker66, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Robx Win User

Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

Difference between en-US and en-GB versions

The original Installed Language does matter (God knows why).

If you Upgrade or In-place Upgrade (Repair Install) with the wrong language, you may be informed you can't Keep Files, settings and Apps.

Files only or Nothing (Clean Install)

You can check which language is your original in Registry entry (Win+R regedit )

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language\InstallLanguage

The Hex language codes are listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/221435

So Dutch is 413 / 0413 (Hex)
    German 0407
    US English 0409
    UK English 0809
    etc etc

Download and keep the correct iso for your system. eg

MS Media Creation Tool (W8.1)

MS Media Creation Tool (W10)

Thema:

Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

1. Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB - Similar Threads - Change OSLanguage

2. change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong...: change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard and group policy forbidden copy and paste, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong password log due to wrong special characters password?Any more group policy accompany with this technique to trick invaders to leave wrong...
  3. change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong...: change keyboard layout to non-US keyboard and group policy forbidden copy and paste, can this method trick invaders to leave wrong password log due to wrong special characters password?Any more group policy accompany with this technique to trick invaders to leave wrong...
  4. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  5. Monitor settings randomly change

Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  6. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  7. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  8. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  10. How to change the "No items match your search" text

How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...