Windows 10: Change Outlook account as Administrator

Discus and support Change Outlook account as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I am using this Wesitnghouse PC as an administrator. My administrator profile is using an Outlook account right now which I've forgotten the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lwl-24, Jul 22, 2021.

1. lwl-24 Win User

Change Outlook account as Administrator

Hi,I am using this Wesitnghouse PC as an administrator. My administrator profile is using an Outlook account right now which I've forgotten the password for. How can I change the Outlook account for my administrator profile for my PC? I've tried contacting Microsoft Support. Talking to an agent however requires logging into my Outlook account, which I can't do without the password.If possible, can I ask Outlook.com to close the Outlook account I have as administrator?

:)

lwl-24, Jul 22, 2021
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Change Outlook account as Administrator [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Jul 22, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Change Outlook account as Administrator - Similar Threads - Change Outlook account

2. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  3. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  4. Changing Account to be Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Account to be Administrator: After changing my account to be the administrator it still does NOT work I still need permission to delete files. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-account-to-be-administrator/dcfe4257-6f20-4915-bc9c-9b168699d634
  5. Change outlook account on a PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change outlook account on a PC: I set up a PC for my boss that I have been using MY PC - he is getting a new PC but "MY" has his account sign in, info & email - When he set up his new PC it synced with mine - can I separate them and get an ID for what is now MY PC? Help!!!...
  6. Change Administrator on Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Administrator on Outlook: How do I change Administrator on Outlook/Windows 10 so that I can delete empty and redundant folders? A right click does not do the necessary asDelete Folder is in grey....
  7. Change Outlook primary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change Outlook primary account: I would like to change the primary account on my Outlook 365. I have multiple accounts for school, personal and work. The problem is that my school account receives dozens of calendar invites which is good, but when I accept them, by default they get added to my personal...
  8. Change Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Administrator Account: How do I change the Administrator on my 'New' PC? I want it to be the same as on my other, 'Old' PC. this will enable to Sync the two PCs. I am the sole user on both PCs. Thank you. [Original Title: Administrator change.]...
  9. Change administrators and Outlook Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrators and Outlook Question: I want to change administrators on a single person computer which was given to me (Windows 10). How do I do that? How do I find the log in? As to Outook, the previous owner still has his email still on the machine. I want to either add my account, or in the alternative...
  10. Changing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Administrator Account: I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a new laptop last year while I was teaching at a university. I initially set up my administrator account through my university account since it used Office 365. I subsequently left the university and, since I had been using a PIN to...