Windows 10: Change Outlook primary account

Discus and support Change Outlook primary account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to change the primary account on my Outlook 365. I have multiple accounts for school, personal and work. The problem is that my school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhysixBen, Sep 15, 2020.

1. PhysixBen Win User

Change Outlook primary account

I would like to change the primary account on my Outlook 365. I have multiple accounts for school, personal and work. The problem is that my school account receives dozens of calendar invites which is good, but when I accept them, by default they get added to my personal account and not my school account where they belong. I can find no way to resolve this when import calendar events or in the outlook settings. Some posts on the internet suggest using a file "control mlcfg32.cpl" but I don't seem to have that on my system. This is a problem and I really do not want to delete all of my outlook accounts just so I can add calendar events.

:)

PhysixBen, Sep 15, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Change Outlook primary account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Change Outlook primary account

Unable to change primary login address

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to change your primary account. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To assist you better, do let us know if the issue persists in Internet Explorer.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to click the link below and refer to the section "change which alias is primary" and also try the suggested troubleshooting steps given in the link.

Change which alias is primary

Do let us know if this works. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Change Outlook primary account

1. Change Outlook primary account - Similar Threads - Change Outlook primary

2. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  3. Outlook unable to open after changing the primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook unable to open after changing the primary alias.: I installed microsoft 365 and initially signed in - all was working well. Then I decided to change my alias by creating a new one and then changing the new alias to primary. I then went to open the outlook application and was met with three pop-ups:1. "Outlook cannot log on....
  4. Changing my primary Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  5. Changing primary accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing primary accounts: Hi,my father gave me the laptop I'm currently using as a gift several years ago, I never got around to swapping main accounts as i could just log in as my email, steam, and so on as myself with no issue. However recently I've been trying to add apps to my device via the...
  6. Changing primary email account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing primary email account.: In short.I recently got a new SSD and HDD and reinstalled Windows. When I turned on my computer I input the wrong email to connect to the Desktop and settings I had originally on my previous HDD. I was able to add it to the account but now there is two J.D.Brown5's and I only...
  7. Changing the primary windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the primary windows account: Hello, I would like to use a different Microsoft account to use on my computer while the new account has the same data as the old one. submitted by /u/xXharryeizardXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhl7fa/changing_the_primary_windows_account/
  8. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  9. Completely change primary Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Completely change primary Microsoft account: Hi just bought new laptop, and upon installation registered the wrong Microsoft account. It then proceeded to upgrade to Windows 10. Please could anybody tell me how do I remove that initial Microsoft account and replace with different one? Thanks 22210
  10. Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account: How to: Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and...