Windows 10: Change owners name

Discus and support Change owners name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuthRich, Jan 4, 2020.

1. RuthRich Win User

Change owners name

How do I change the register owners name?

:)

RuthRich, Jan 4, 2020
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Owner/Administrator Name Change

Hi James,

Editing the user profile depends on the type of your account. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you’re using a Microsoft account or a local account.

If you are using a Microsoft account, you can edit the sign-in name by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Your info.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • On your Profile, click Edit name.
    • Change your username.
    • Hit Save.
    • Restart your computer.

If you have a local account, you can edit it by going to the Control Panel. Follow these steps:

• Type Control Panel in Search.
    • Launch Control Panel.
    • Click the Change account type link.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click the Change the account name link.
    • Enter the new credentials.
    • Hit Change Name.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Change owners name

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Change owners name

1. Change owners name - Similar Threads - Change owners name

2. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  3. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  4. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Owner Name, File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Owner Name, File Details: I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the...
  6. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

How to change the owner's name on Windows 10: I bought this computer from a friend of mine and I'm trying to change the name the owner's name how do I go about doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-owners-name-on-windows-10/1faa41f2-b528-4bd1-9b02-2f1bfa92e6ed
  7. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of Owner name and PW of Computer: My wife has just given me her old computer which has her MS login screen name and password. How do we (does she) change the computer name, account and admin authority to my MS name and account?...
  8. Change of owner

Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  9. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"
  10. Odd owner folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd owner folder name: Hello, After having installed win 10, windows has chosen w/o consulting me a concatenation of my 1st name and few characters of my last name as my folder name (the one in c:\users\). Can I change it back to my first name or <first>space<last> or anything sensible? Thank...