Windows 10: Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

Discus and support Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Happy422, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Happy422 Win User

Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out by itselfI can not change ownership of the scan folder inside "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender" and then the subfolder "Scans"It's grayed out, but I need to change the ownership and then delete said history to fix this issue.Please help me.

:)

Happy422, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Gino Des Win User

Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 27, 2024
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

How do I take ownership of Windows Defender's Services folder?

Hello! I've been trying to solve the Detection History bug in windows defender but I'm not able to take ownership of the folder in order to delete it. All the solutions listed I've tried both with my standard user and Administrator user.

What I have already tried

• takeown
    • ccalcs/icalcs: Got access denied (both Admin and Standard)
    • Setting permission via security tab (Add button is grayed out. Change ownership is also grayed out in both Admin and Standard.

In summary, I can't take the ownership of the folder and cannot share permissions with the SYSTEM account. It requests SYSTEM permission but I'm not able to give it in order to delete the folder.

Arthur Galdino, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

1. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that. - Similar Threads - Change ownership grayed

2. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.: Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out...
  3. Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out: Hello,I'm trying to take ownership of a file, however, the option is greyed out. what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-ownership-of-file-greyed-out/13a91edf-ff39-4976-8e55-fae46f9d1fdb
  4. Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out: Hello,I'm trying to take ownership of a file, however, the option is greyed out. what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-ownership-of-file-greyed-out/13a91edf-ff39-4976-8e55-fae46f9d1fdb
  5. Cant change ownership of file Greyed Out

6. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  7. How to change a computer's ownership

How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  8. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. why Mobile Hotspot is grayed out...? How to fix this...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why Mobile Hotspot is grayed out...? How to fix this...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sayemon10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m88ubh/why_mobile_hotspot_is_grayed_out_how_to_fix_this/
  10. In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix?

In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix?: In Quick Assist, "View Screen" is Grayed Out. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-quick-assist-view-screen-is-grayed-out-how-to/0be0ca67-b884-436d-b935-f94dda4c97f4