Windows 10: Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

Discus and support Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesonPerry, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This PC\OS C:\Windows". Now I'm wondering how do I change the ownership of the directory back to trusted installer from the current owner. If this isn't figured out soon I'm gonna have to THOW OUT the pc bc it renders unusable to do pretty much anything with. Also I capitilized the names of the two Admin accounts I have, and as such when it comes to file/folder props. they act like a non-admin account trying to change the "This PC\OS C:\Windows". How

:)

JamesonPerry, Nov 30, 2021

2. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Dzima Win User
    why is windows denying access to me changing ownership of files from trusted installer to my acount

After running in to problems renaming a folder that trusted installer had ownership of, i followed the instructions provided in

this post
    to change the ownership to my account, a am the owner of the commuter and its only administrator account and yet when i tried to change the ownership of the folder a got a pop-up box saying "Access Denied" with no expiation of why how do i get
    around this so i can gain ownership of the file?

Dzima, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

1. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer. - Similar Threads - Change ownership directary

2. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.: So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This PC\OS C:\Windows". Now I'm wondering how do I change the ownership of the directory back to trusted installer from the current...
  3. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.: So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This PC\OS C:\Windows". Now I'm wondering how do I change the ownership of the directory back to trusted installer from the current...
  4. Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?: The plan: I'd like to take ownership of C:\Windows\SystemResources just long enough to substitute an edited imageres.dll.mun file for the original, and then go back and revert ownership of the folder to NT Service\TrustedInstaller. That's what I'd like to do, not what I'm...
  5. Trusted installer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted installer.: I have been dealing with a nasty Trojan for some time. After a clean install I don't connect to the internet. The owner is trusted installer. So I attempt to take over along the way there are files like page.sys or swap file dump stack log etc certain folders that I still...
  6. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  7. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  8. How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?

How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?: I've had problems with my when I fixed it finally from are saltine recycle bin I had accidentally renamed the C drive since then it will not boot how can I use commands to restore permission to trustedinstaller for C drive...
  9. Trusted Installer

Trusted Installer: Is there a mode or a thing i can do that will make it so i can bypass trusted installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-installer/7f5e0f8a-845d-4e63-bcf1-45414f4abe2e"
  10. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Installer: Have successfully updated all iterations for W10 up to the present 10166. When first started after this install the computer froze when trying to open Edge and also on a couple of other Apps. I did a scannow and a dism, both showing faults, and of course reported it....