Windows 10: Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

Discus and support Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TERRY Lee P, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a remembered password from in the past. How do I change the password which is different now. I have tried SAVE several times and it keeps remembering the old password. This is on a new computer where I am adding the account. Where is the password change account or file for Windows 10 e mail?

:)

TERRY Lee P, Jun 20, 2020

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 20, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

1. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change - Similar Threads - Change Password EMAIL

2. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  3. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  4. Change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  5. Change email password

Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  6. Account password change

Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  7. Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed: Is there any way you could help recover my account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? I believe someone has hacked it and changed the password so I cannot get in, please help!...
  8. Changing Password to Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Password to Account in Windows 10: Dear Community, Thanking you in advance for any replies. I have a laptop, that runs Windows 10. When I bought this laptop, I had an e-mail address in Yahoo. When the laptop asked me for my e-mail address, I entered the Yahoo one. Now, I have a Microsoft address....
  9. Password changing on email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password changing on email account: Hi there, I have a problem which is stopping my email address working, think this started while altering and updating an estimate in my outlook file. The reason that I say this is that when I go into my email a/c to repair it the password says ve Estimate *******. I correct...
  10. change email password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change email password: How can I change the password on my gmail account through windows live mail. I keep getting an error message that the user name and/or password are incorrect but the screen isn't giving me any way to change either of these. I have been using the same password for a long...