Windows 10: Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

Discus and support Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was asked to input my PIN into Microsoft earlier to solve a non-password related issue I was having, and I ended up having to reset the PIN in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SCW_1, May 5, 2020.

1. SCW_1 Win User

Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

I was asked to input my PIN into Microsoft earlier to solve a non-password related issue I was having, and I ended up having to reset the PIN in Settings. Now when I try to sign into my laptop it's asking for the PIN instead of a password. I want to set the login to the same password as I had prior to restting the PIN, I do not like the PIN option. I tried going into Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and resetting the password as suggested by another forum, but all this did was reset my Microsoft account password, and I still need to use the PIN to login. How do I change my computer sign-in to require a password and not a PIN? Thanks in advance.

:)

SCW_1, May 5, 2020

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, May 5, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 5, 2020
  4. Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

1. Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password - Similar Threads - Change Password sign

2. Account password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  3. Account password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  4. Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password: Hi all, I want to change the password to sign in to my windows 11 PC. When I go into security, in the windows settings, it only lets me change my microsoft account password. I don't use my microsoft account password to log in. How do I change the admin password on windows 11?...
  5. Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password: Hi all, I want to change the password to sign in to my windows 11 PC. When I go into security, in the windows settings, it only lets me change my microsoft account password. I don't use my microsoft account password to log in. How do I change the admin password on windows 11?...
  6. problem signing into account password no neww changes can not sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem signing into account password no neww changes can not sign in: problem signing in to account no recent changes request from micro soft no changes requested can not receive emmail to cell phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-signing-into-account-password-no-neww/eff4e901-6e1c-487f-b9c8-4b260afc7e9e
  7. Changing the password at sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing the password at sign-in: How do I reset/change my password at the very first page after I turn on the computer? As the only user of my computer, there is only one account. I have checked using help and found that I do not have a "local user and Group" listing in "Computer Management." Could there...
  8. Change account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account password: How do I change the local account password to log into my computer while staying logged into my Microsoft account? I use a much more simple password for logging into my computer than I do for my Microsoft account because I have to type it in via memory a lot, whereas I use...
  9. Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In: Just updated to Windows Version 1909. Now I want to change password for sign in but only allowed to use password for Outlook account. I want two different passwords. Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. change an account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    change an account password: how do I change a user password from the administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-an-account-password/415b08cb-595c-4949-b24e-09faffdf1b84