Windows 10: change password

Discus and support change password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have last resetted my pc and i have done al everything what i needed to do for me but then i wanted to set my pin and i only could do 6 digits pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tino_1407, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Tino_1407 Win User

change password

i have last resetted my pc and i have done al everything what i needed to do for me but then i wanted to set my pin and i only could do 6 digits pin and not 4 digits but before my whole reboot i could easely do a 4 digits pin can i somehow change it back to 4 digits?

:)

Tino_1407, Jun 19, 2021

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 19, 2021
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 19, 2021
  4. change password

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

change password

1. change password - Similar Threads - change password

2. Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password: Hi guys!My microsoft live account is hooked up to my windows 10 laptop. I initiated a password reset on my microsoft live account and am able to log in and see my connected devices. HOWEVER, when I attempt to log in my laptop using the UPDATED password, it appears to not...
  3. Password Change I didn't Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Change I didn't Change: Just recently I got a message saying my email password was changed. I didn't change my password. I did change my password at the time of the notification, however, I want the absolute way to prevent this from happening again. Can you help me find a solution to my problem....
  4. Removing organization changing password/PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing organization changing password/PIN: Hi all,For some users, there's an issue with an "organization" requiring you to change your password or PIN number every so often. I use a PIN and when I attempted to change my PIN through user settings, it will say that my organization requires my PIN to be X amount of...
  5. WIndows 10 tells me My password has expired and must be Reset;However, when i change my...

WIndows 10 tells me My password has expired and must be Reset;However, when i change my...: Hello today I am faced with quite an odd problem "when I Login in Windows to access the OS and use the computer It tells me that my password has "expired and must be reset" However when put the password in to reset/ change into a new one the following text is displayed" The...
  6. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  7. Previous password before I changed it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous password before I changed it.: How to view my previous Microsoft password before I changed it, I am trying to restore a laptop that has the previous password in memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-password-before-i-changed-it/6002a1f8-db96-4f39-95e3-dc77cb6f24cb
  8. I have been tested all the ways of changing username, localgroup administrator passwords in...

I have been tested all the ways of changing username, localgroup administrator passwords in...: my hotmail account is disabled of mistyping many times and I used it for Windows 10 logon. To log in, it says my passwords are wrong. I can't reach to my hotmail. How should I do after I have been tested all the ways of changing username, localgroup administrator passwords in...
  9. Note in Windows 10 "Change a password" screen

Note in Windows 10 "Change a password" screen: Is there a possibility that if a user has to change their login password, an additional note or link regarding the password policy will be displayed on the screen.It would also be enough to be able to display a special "lockscreen" when the password change dialog/screen...
  10. How to reset or change account's password

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset or change account's password: Hello,I forgot my current password used to sign in to Window 10 Pro. Changing password requires me to enter the current password, however I am using PIN to sign in to the Window. Is there any ways without using the current password? Thank you,...