Windows 10: Change path in "This PC"

Discus and support Change path in "This PC" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, How can I change the path "Documents" under "This PC" without moving the files? actual state: C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Dokumente... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin_S_, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Martin_S_ Win User

Change path in "This PC"

Hi all,

How can I change the path "Documents" under "This PC" without moving the files?

actual state: C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Dokumente

desired target: C:\Users\Username\Dokumente

To change the target and move the files to the new target is not a good idea. Under C:\Users\Username\Dokumente there are already files in it. When I move the target and the files, then I get a mix from OneDrive and local files. Don't want that. Actual state looks like this:

values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\:

Personal C:\Users\Username\Dokumente

{F42EE2D3-909F-4907-8871-4C22FC0BF756} C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Dokumente
    {24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE} C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Dokumente

values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\:

Personal C:\Users\Username\Dokumente

%USERPROFILE%: C:\Users\Username

Thanks you.

Change path in "This PC" b20de124-632f-429f-830a-3bc10451859a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Martin_S_, Mar 1, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Change path in "This PC"

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Change path in "This PC"

1. Change path in "This PC" - Similar Threads - Change path

2. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  3. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  4. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  5. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  6. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  7. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  8. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  9. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  10. how to access the logs for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter path changed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to access the logs for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter path changed?: the solution from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-how-to-access-the-logs-for-microsoft/89d5290a-d3d8-4155-8dbf-df5e76745951 doens't work. It seems the Folder doesn't exist anymore. Access to appdata\local\microsoft\windows\ works, but there are...