Windows 10: Change PC Startup login password

Discus and support Change PC Startup login password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hiramfixit, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Change PC Startup login password

How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC?

:)

hiramfixit, Jul 16, 2019

2. At startup, no password or login prompt

At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue also happens if i put it to sleep, or hibernate, also have to restart computer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Stranded360, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Change PC Startup login password

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Change PC Startup login password

1. Change PC Startup login password - Similar Threads - Change Startup login

2. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  3. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  4. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup password change

Startup password change: Overnight my laptop either went into sleep mode or restarted and my startup PIN was changed to a password. I tried to reset password but a window pops up statung “No Drive” and needs a removble media to proceed. How do I fix this issue? The background of my startup was...
  6. Windows startup password change

Windows startup password change: I have a laptop and have been using my startup password for may years. I recently changed the password to demonstrate how a password could be changed except now when I attempt to go back to my original password I get an "old password" type message and forces me to select a...
  7. password login at startup

password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  8. Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!: Tried searching, tried a few things and still nothing. My computer used to just turn on and go to the desktop. Then, after an update it went to a log in screen at startup but pressing enter made it work - ie no password. Now, after another update I now have a login...
  9. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...