Windows 10: Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files

Discus and support Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've recently recovered a backup. Hundreds if not thousands of files in a nested directory structure are denying access. Is there a way to grant... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sepeku, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Sepeku Win User

Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files

I've recently recovered a backup. Hundreds if not thousands of files in a nested directory structure are denying access. Is there a way to grant access to the entire directory structure rather than one file at a time?

:)

Sepeku, Jul 27, 2020
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Jul 27, 2020
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana and nest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

At present, Cortana can
    control your smart home devices
    such as

• Turn lights on or off
    • Set the brightness of a light
    • Control a group of lights
    • Set the temperature
    • Turn the thermostat up or down

I would suggest you to check with the Nest support team if the Nest Hello can be
    configured to Cortana commands.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files - Similar Threads - Change Permissions Hundreds

2. Change permissions for mutiple document files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permissions for mutiple document files: Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but the document files .doc .txt. docx.Of the latter, I can only access their content if I change the file permissions, which have...
  3. Change permission for multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  4. Nested virtualisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nested virtualisation: I have a new PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x but AMD-V nested virtualisation is not working. When will AMD-V get support for nested virtualisation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nested-virtualisation/908b1c12-78c4-4c83-84b5-4e450a36aa90
  5. Variables changed in .bat files inside nested "if" statements do not their changed values...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Variables changed in .bat files inside nested "if" statements do not their changed values...: When I run this: @Echo off set min=1 set max=12 echo database_connect_string > test2.scr1 set t3=connect_string echo. echo The 1st value for t3: %t3% set choice=3 set envnum=2 if %choice% geq %min% if %choice% leq %max% echo Now enter the nested "if" statements...
  6. system files hundreds of gigabytes but where ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system files hundreds of gigabytes but where ???: Hello community I have a problem : hundreds of gigabyte of data from system on my hard drive but I doesn't know where it is coming from ?? thank you for your time !...
  7. Cortana and nest

in Cortana
    Cortana and nest: So Cortana works with Nest thermostat, but not Nest Hello video doorbell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-nest/42c7eb7f-fc30-436a-b336-31a235ab1231"
  8. Change Multiple File Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Multiple File Permissions: I am trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive and there are about 300 sub folders in the one folder. I want to change the permission of ALL of the folders so I can delete them all at once but it is only letting me change one folder permission at a time. When I...
  9. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  10. No permission to change hosts file ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No permission to change hosts file ?: I have changed from W7 to W10 but find that although I am logged in as the administrator, I am unable to save any changes to my hosts file and get the message that I don't have accees/permission and should contact the administrator. Can anyone advise me as to what's going on...