Windows 10: Change permissions for mutiple document files

Discus and support Change permissions for mutiple document files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [E.G], Sep 21, 2022.

1. [E.G] Win User

Change permissions for mutiple document files

Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but the document files .doc .txt. docx.Of the latter, I can only access their content if I change the file permissions, which have been set against me, the owner. Thus I have to change them one by one, which is pretty exhausting.Is there a way to change file permissions for multiple files at the same time?Would do me plenty good.Thanks in advanceEmilioPS: If anybody know how to encrypt my files, I'd be more than pleased to learn it.

:)

[E.G], Sep 21, 2022

2. Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2022
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 21, 2022
  4. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Change permissions for mutiple document files - Similar Threads - Change permissions mutiple

2. How to force changing permissions of file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force changing permissions of file: I recently started using my PC as a temporary server, using NGinx for hosting and Certbot from Let's Encrypt to get HTTPS certificates.When i restart my PC the certificates become read-only for some reason, and that means i cant start my servers without administrator...
  3. Change permissions for mutiple document files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permissions for mutiple document files: Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but the document files .doc .txt. docx.Of the latter, I can only access their content if I change the file permissions, which have...
  4. Change permissions for mutiple document files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change permissions for mutiple document files: Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but the document files .doc .txt. docx.Of the latter, I can only access their content if I change the file permissions, which have...
  5. Change permission for multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  6. mutiple users configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mutiple users configuration: In windows pro,can two users work simultaneously ??if not, can we buy CAL and configure to windows 10 pro version.or what is the other alternative ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mutiple-users-configuration/c1306a29-4ce0-443b-a9b1-cb1ed89d6d66
  7. Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Permissions for Hundreds of Nested Files: I've recently recovered a backup. Hundreds if not thousands of files in a nested directory structure are denying access. Is there a way to grant access to the entire directory structure rather than one file at a time?...
  8. Change Multiple File Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Multiple File Permissions: I am trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive and there are about 300 sub folders in the one folder. I want to change the permission of ALL of the folders so I can delete them all at once but it is only letting me change one folder permission at a time. When I...
  9. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  10. No permission to change hosts file ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No permission to change hosts file ?: I have changed from W7 to W10 but find that although I am logged in as the administrator, I am unable to save any changes to my hosts file and get the message that I don't have accees/permission and should contact the administrator. Can anyone advise me as to what's going on...