Windows 10: change physical location

Discus and support change physical location in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; change physical location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-physical-location/1d4ecf9f-f41e-45b8-9634-e320a66e8f9d" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceMatchett, Sep 27, 2019.

1. change physical location

change physical location

:)

JoyceMatchett, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Catbill Win User

Change physical location in Windows 10?

A post has been marked as an "Answer" to your question. However, it does not appear to be an answer. There is no information about how to change the physical location when it is tied to the ISP location nor is there any evidence that a solution is forthcoming.

Do you really think that this question has been answered? I do not want MS to consider this an issue that has been resolved.

Catbill, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 27, 2019
  4. change physical location

Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

change physical location

1. change physical location - Similar Threads - change physical location

2. WSL Storage Physical Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  3. WSL Storage Physical Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  4. How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?: I'm not sure when this happened, but somehow, at some point, the captures folder was set to my temp folderIt seems a result, it has issues saving my captures. I've ignored the issue until this point, but its infuriating at this point to not have a quick way to record a short...
  5. How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change game capture location without physically moving the folder?: I'm not sure when this happened, but somehow, at some point, the captures folder was set to my temp folderIt seems a result, it has issues saving my captures. I've ignored the issue until this point, but its infuriating at this point to not have a quick way to record a short...
  6. Wanting to change physical drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wanting to change physical drive: Hello. My hard drive is recently giving me some problems and I would like to install another one in its place. Do I need to buy another Windows 10 license? Or can I use the old one?...
  7. Desktop physical location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop physical location: My desktop shows Arlington Texas as its physical location and I am actually located in Bastrop, Texas. How do I correct this? Thanks Bruce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-physical-location/3298918f-b879-486d-8849-c57e188692ba
  8. MAC address or Physical Address location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAC address or Physical Address location: Where do I find the Physical Address on my Inspiron 3847 desktop? I am needing it for my internet provider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-address-or-physical-address-location/e21bba7a-a443-448e-8e39-19ab55fb9db2
  9. Physical Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical Location: I have noticed that the last few weeks my laptop thinks it's in Phoenix Arizona. It is really in Tulsa Oklahoma. I have change the location on everything I can think of and followed directions for changing my location, only to search for something close by and it comes back...
  10. Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App: I want to run Windows 10 Mail App from my Access database but I'm unable to find the location for it. Can anyone tell me where the Mail App's executable is?? James 60924