Windows 10: Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?)

Discus and support Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was updating some of my programs and figured I'd get a different frontend for my pcsx2 emulator than PCSX2Bonus, so I downloaded spectabis and pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrokenDaily, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?)

I was updating some of my programs and figured I'd get a different frontend for my pcsx2 emulator than PCSX2Bonus, so I downloaded spectabis and pinned it to start, then I saw it had a cool looking tile, which leads to my question:

Is there a program out there that will let me make custom Live Tile icons for my pinned-to-start shortcuts instead of dealing with the default looking shortcut icons? I would like to style the icons I got further, rather than forever sticking with the default look I've been using for years

:)

BrokenDaily, Oct 7, 2019

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 7, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Bree Win User

Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?)

How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

OK, I have a comparable shortcut I added to Windows Accessories to start IE with no add-ons. It is in:
    C:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    and is an ordinary shortcut to iexplore.exe with some parameters:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

It originally showed the default IE icon on the list of All apps on the left Start menu. I pinned it to Start and it showed the same IE icon. I then did 'More > Open file location' and gave it a different icon. As you can see, both the All apps menu and the Tile show the custom icon now.

Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?) [​IMG]

This was done with version 1607, what version does Winver say you have? It may be that this doesn't work on earlier versions, the Start menu had a lot of changes from that of 1511.

I suggest you try changing the icon to something else, then back to your preferred icon after you have pinned it to Start. This may kick Windows into showing the correct icon on the Tile.

Bree, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?)

1. Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?) - Similar Threads - Change Pinned Start

2. Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?: For apps like Disk Management, Control Panel applets e.g., Sound, and others that don't show a "Pin to Start" option, is there a way to pin them to Start anyway? For example, note that Disk Management has only an Open option, missing the typical Pin to Start and Pin to...
  3. Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?: For apps like Disk Management, Control Panel applets e.g., Sound, and others that don't show a "Pin to Start" option, is there a way to pin them to Start anyway? For example, note that Disk Management has only an Open option, missing the typical Pin to Start and Pin to...
  4. It is possible to login with old PIN after changing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is possible to login with old PIN after changing it.: Hello,I have PC with 2 user accounts one for parent and second for kid. Initially we set same PIN for both accounts. For parental control reason I have changed PIN for parent account to deny kid to login unintentionally to parent account. After the change everything works...
  5. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  6. Changing apps' icons, is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing apps' icons, is it possible?: I've seen loads of people changing the desktop icons of apps, and that's really easy to do and I am aware of how its done. But is there a file location for apps that stores the actual icon so you can change it completely so it shows your customized icon in the start menu and...
  7. PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start: I have a PDF file on my desktop of the manual/ user guide of my laptop. How can i change the icon from the pdf icon to the manufacturer's icon which I have already downloaded and then how to pin this to my start menu? Thanks....
  8. Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?

Is it possible to change the icon of the weather app?: The big orange circle with a little white cloud, the default windows 10 weather app. I can't find it anywhere on the C drive. Lil help? <3...
  9. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

Start Button...Is it possible to change?: I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for changing the Win10 start button. Has anyone had any luck?...or, for that matter, even tried? Thanks for any input. Guess I...
  10. Windows 10 - Pin to Start - icons disappearing & changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Pin to Start - icons disappearing & changing: problem still there and its happening on every reboot. very annoying. so i've moved my apps from the ext. USB drive onto an internal drive for now. i only have one app pinned to start thats on the ext USB drive. so i can test any Windows updates to see if MS fix the problem.